• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CIP length AICS will .300 Win Mag work?

Scoobaman,

The .300 WIN magazine (P/N 0479) is shorter in length versus the .338 CIP (P/N 4808) and will not work in the CIP magazine aperture.

Wow I do not cease to be amazed with the expediency of the answers I receive on here. Okay so next question would be; will .300 Win Mag feed from a .338 magazine?

Yes 300 WM will fit and feed from 300 WM CIP mag. 300 Ultra and 338 Ultra also feed from CIP mag. I use 300 WM CIP mag for my 300 and 338 Ultras in a McRees stock. You have to cut the shoulder stop in the mag away for the ultras. Hope this helps and post if you need more info.

So to be clear, .300 Win Mag rounds will function in a CIP length .338 magazine designed for the AICS?

Yes, they make both a 300 WM and a 338 LM mags in the CIP, you can get them from McRees. I found the LM was to wide for the Ultra but the WM was better cuz the belt on a WM is the same Dia. as the body of the Ultra. If i'm not clear just keep asking.

Thanks so much for helping me out! Man I'm glad I joined this forum. I've had nothing but helpful responses left and right since signing up. :)

How about for the 300 PRC? It wont fit in my Magpul LA AC L 300wm magazine. Does one need the 338lm CIP mag or just the 300wm CIP length?

For 300PRC, you have a couple choices:
  1. Use the 338 Lapua CIP length AICS mag and plan on bending the feed lips so it works properly
  2. Use a 3.850in 300wm AICS mag
MDT’s magazine for option 2 seems like a great choice.