• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Circle of Life or Wild Kingdom Kitchen

armorpl8chikn

Colonel Angus
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2010
Face Slapping Distance
So had a mouse visiting the kitchen, not the first, won't be the last.
Had daughter set trap. Didn't see trap this morning, assumed mouse caught, trap pulled, mission accomplished.

Never assume a child who won't take care of the cat, or his litter box, has done such due diligence.

I'm sitting here recovering from a nasty cold virus. I hear a strange clicking sound around the stove, my boxer is whining and hears it too, I crane my neck to the right, to see the worthless cat piled up in his chair. So it ain't the cat.
I get up and look toward the stove. From this angle I can now see the trap wasn't removed, but drug under the edge of the stove.

I go retrieve the trap, and of course there is a mouse......with a hole eaten in his back.
IMG_20191208_125608093.jpg

I had assumed he was still alive, he is very dead, and being eaten...but....by......what.....

Set trap. Put back in place, walk to sink, wash hands, "snap".....holy shit that's like 5 seconds....musta not set it good.....
Yada!
IMG_20191208_124909360.jpg

A fargin vole! In the house? Eating a freshly dead mouse?
WTF?
Edit to correct. Not a vole, critter is a shrew, which...makes this no less strange.

Last edited:
Lol you need a better cat...my 2 are well established killers they catch/kill all kinds of shit. They actually earn their keep. I live in a very wooded area so mice just happen.

He caught this one outside and wanted to bring it in to show me lol..
Cat.jpg

Two cats and they leave dead 1/2 eaten mice on the porch steps all the time.

Years ago, family lounging around and like a bolt of lightning the cat who everyone thought was asleep on my wife's lap stands straight up and just stares at the corner. Slowly moves across the room to the corner. About 3/4 of the way there a mouse darts across the hall and down the stairs. Cat was on that shit, we all jump up and run down stairs. Cat has mouse trapped in a stereo speaker and is whining that it can't get to the mouse.

I tape the hole shut (sub woofer) and take it outside. The cat follows whining the whole time. Take speaker outside, remove tape and shake speaker. Mouse attempts escape, cat was on that like white on rice.

Was cool to watch, nature and instincts at work.

My son left the screen unlocked one day. I was upstairs and heard a commotion downstairs.

I walk downstairs and there are my 2 cats hanging out in a pile of feathers. Looked like a m80 was stuffed/exploded in a birds ass.

Feathers everywhere...

One of them must have caught the bird and slipped in with it unnoticed.

Giant mess...

Back on the Ranch, there was a farm-cat. Name of 'Buttons'. Every once in a while, my Aunt would find a tiny kidney (always the left) at the foot of her chair. We never did figure out why the left, but the kidney itself was the cat's way of showing my Aunt that she was on the job, and mission accomplished.

And yes, I've seen some of those kidneys with my own eyes, and thought it absolutely incredible. Some animals are smarter than we think they are.

One needs to look around the floor, before going and sitting down. :D

So had a mouse visiting the kitchen, not the first, won't be the last.
Had daughter set trap. Didn't see trap this morning, assumed mouse caught, trap pulled, mission accomplished.

Never assume a child who won't take care of the cat, or his litter box, has done such due diligence.

I'm sitting here recovering from a nasty cold virus. I hear a strange clicking sound around the stove, my boxer is whining and hears it too, I crane my neck to the right, to see the worthless cat piled up in his chair. So it ain't the cat.
I get up and look toward the stove. From this angle I can now see the trap wasn't removed, but drug under the edge of the stove.

I go retrieve the trap, and of course there is a mouse......with a hole eaten in his back.
View attachment 7198021
I had assumed he was still alive, he is very dead, and being eaten...but....by......what.....

Set trap. Put back in place, walk to sink, wash hands, "snap".....holy shit that's like 5 seconds....musta not set it good.....
Yada!
View attachment 7198027

A fargin vole! In the house? Eating a freshly dead mouse?
WTF?
Edit to correct. Not a vole, critter is a shrew, which...makes this no less strange.
Those voles are fine eatin!

My cats always bring stuff in. Quail, snakes, centipedes, mice, rabbits. The rabbits are the worst. One in the morning and a baby rabbit squealing like all hell is breaking loose. Then the stepdaughter wants to keep the rabbit.