• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Civilian sending auto to benchmade for service

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
I picked up a Benchmade AFOII here awhile back, and was wanting to send it in to Benchmade to get looked over and for lifesharp. Seems like its opening up kind of slow, and has a bit more play in the lockup than used to.

From reading their website it appears as if Im screwed on this, just wanted to see if anyone has found a workaround?

Re: Civilian sending auto to benchmade for service

Did you call Benchmade and ask? You also might be able to contact a Benchmade dealer (ex: Blade HQ) and they might be able to send it in for you. (For a price, im sure)

my Benchmade dealer charges me $10.00 to handle warranty issues/shipping.kind of a hassle but worth it

Kind of at a loss? how are you screwed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varmint6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kind of at a loss? how are you screwed? </div></div>

He's referring to the non-LEO/MIL clause on BM's auto openers. Long story short, if you're a civilian outside of Oregon, they say they will not be able to return the knife to you. I believe this has to do with the interstate commerce law, but I'm not totally sure. My suggestion would be to call Benchmade. Maybe they have a suggestion.

^ What he said.

I do work at a retailer that deals benchmade, but no autos. Ill call them from there and see if they will accept and return one to the store.

Thats insane we are talking about a knife. auto or not its not a restricted item I can see if its on youre person "EDC" but something like a repair . Two words come to my mind
Photo Shop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varmint6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> auto or not its not a restricted item </div></div>

Wrong. Ain't it great when people on the internet try to make up BS about what is and isn't allowed and/or law...

We're a benchmade dealer, and we can take knives back and have them sent in for warranty, we charge a little more than the dealer mentioned earlier who does it for $10, but that's the way to do things.

See which of your local gun shops is a BM dealer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varmint6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Two words come to my mind
Photo Shop. </div></div>

Im a little confused here what photo shop has to do with anything?

"Note: Any automatic knife returned for Warranty or LifeSharp service from outside of Oregon must also include either a signed copy of the "Auto Knife Opening Acknowledgement Form", your web account username if you have already accepted the AKO Acknowledgement, or be returned through an authorized Benchmade dealer. No exceptions will be made."

For the guys that do care. I called Benchmade from the store I work at and we are considered a chain dealer with them. They are taking it no problem from us. I cant guarantee that if you try to take it to another one of our locations that they will have any clue what to do though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varmint6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats insane we are talking about a knife. auto or not its not a restricted item I can see if its on youre person "EDC" but something like a repair . Two words come to my mind
"Photo Shop." </div></div>

Or maybe three words: "felony in progress." Depends on the jurisdiction and who knows what.
whistle.gif

Just sayin'.
cool.gif
Stay safe.
wink.gif

In the peoples republic of illinois its legal to buy / sell and own
but not to carry. If you carry its a uuw . As far as az goes kswift it may be diffrent than here. but im just SOME guy on the net.
HaHa..