• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Ckye-Pod: Half price Gen1 or wait for Gen2?

Slowbalt

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2021
Eastern Canada
Been thinking of upgrading my bipod game to a Ckye-Pod (from Grnd-Pod). Have an opportunity to grab a like new Gen1 for about half price, or bide my time and save up for the Gen2. Which would you choose and why?

Gen 1 has the Phillips head screw in front while gen 2 has the knurled pierced nut on the front. There are other changes as well. I am not sure the gen 2 is worth twice. You can update the screw for a few bucks.

Gen 1 has the Phillips head screw in front while gen 2 has the knurled pierced nut on the front. There are other changes as well. I am not sure the gen 2 is worth twice. You can update the screw for a few bucks.
Mine is a Gen2...the knurled nut was piss poor.

I bought the Ckye Pod upgrade kit from Crosstac. Check it out. It is so much better.

I'd buy the Gen1 and the upgrade kit. Check to ensure it will work with Gen 1 though

Reactions: oldrifleman
The one thing I liked was the nut. I just stuck a screwdriver through the holes and tightened. I do like the leg knobs though. I ordered a couple to try the upgrade out. Thanks

Reactions: Nik H
Well, got my Gen1 on the way. I'll see what all the fuss is about.

Now there was a thread on here, which explained how to fix/adjust the bipod, but can't find it to save my life... Anyone?

There was one on the Atlas, I don't remember one on the Cykepod. You could use the search.

Mine is a Gen 1 and it's an Allen headed bolt....

I set the tension fairly firm with a wrench and haven't had to adjust it again. Same with the pan, set it firm so I have to mean to use it.

Reactions: oldrifleman
Mine is a Gen 1 and it's an Allen headed bolt....

I set the tension fairly firm with a wrench and haven't had to adjust it again. Same with the pan, set it firm so I have to mean to use it.
You are right it is an Allen, I replaced it with a lever mounted screw to make it tool less. I have alll mine ( gen 1 and 2) tightened down for the same reason if I tilt I will know I did it.