• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Ckye pod or super cal

Z06pilot

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2017
Usa
Cant decide on which bipod to go with. I need an arca mount for my matrix chassis and will go with rrs or 419. How much play does the ckye have? I was considering the standard or double leg model for prs. Also, wich arca clamp for mpa chassis? Rrs, rrs soar, 419 with barricade stop?

I'd get a single pull standard leg length Ckyepod if PRS is your game

Ya, I’d be looking at regular cal (super is a bit large for PRS), standard ckyepod, or tbac bipod.

I have been using the single pull, PRS leg length, Ckye-pod and have been loving it. It has about 3/4" or so of total play front to rear. But like many have said on here in the past, once you load the bipod it is as solid as you could ask for. I also LOVE the adjustable leg width, it makes the ckye-pod a winner for me.

I have been using the single pull, PRS leg length, Ckye-pod and have been loving it. It has about 3/4" or so of total play front to rear. But like many have said on here in the past, once you load the bipod it is as solid as you could ask for. I also LOVE the adjustable leg width, it makes the ckye-pod a winner for me.

Agree with this ^ I have the prs short legs on the ckye and the thing is very solid once you load into it. The ckye pod comes with an arca and barricade stop as well.

I have both and I am really digging the Ckye bipod. With the Short Action Precision lever, I like how easy it is to set tension and not have it cant on you. Also, the ability to change the legs angles and width, makes it versatile. It’s very stable with the legs spread too.

The adjustability of the Cyke is great, but for the price it shouldn't be so sloppy.
Have you had the opportunity to load the bipod with a rifle on it? I agree that the slop is a bit excessive while the bipod isn't loaded but it's just so good loaded, that im perfectly fine with a little slop when just hanging.

^^It's really kinda crazy how solid the ckye pod becomes once you load into it. I had read other reviews before I got it about how it seems to have slop so I was unsure, but got it anyway. Once you start using it and see how fast everything is deployed it makes sense.

Yes , I use my stuff. If loaded it will work fine. With that said I only use it on stages where the extra adjustability is needed. My go to is still the Atlas PRS.

Yes , I use my stuff. If loaded it will work fine. With that said I only use it on stages where the extra adjustability is needed. My go to is still the Atlas PRS.
Cool, no disrespect intended just was curious if it was just one you had looked at. If there is one thing about the ckye that I could consider a downside it would be the slop. Some will be able to get past it due to the way it locks up and some not. I can understand both ways. An Atlas is still a hell of a bipod in it's own right.