• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ckye Pod Owners...

LawnMM

Harbinger of Sarcasm
Minuteman
  • Jul 5, 2009
    Colorado
    Is the Picatinny mounting version adjustable in terms of clamp force? Looking at photos it looks like a spring loaded button slides the lug out and the dovetail slips over the pic rail. Then I imagine you let go of the button, the lug snaps back and keeps the bipod from moving out of the chosen slot in the rail.

Do you have any adjustment for the lug button or anything to make sure it locks up in the slot tighter or looser as necessary?

Looking at a way of mounting it but I'd like to know how tight it locks up on the rail before I drop five bills

I am unaware of any way to adjust that, I have an aluminum rail on one gun and polymer on another, the polymer is tight and hard to work with, aluminum is perfect, locks up tight but comes on and off easy

Reactions: LawnMM
    There is no adjustment on the stiffness of the locking button on the picatinny variant of the Ckye Pod and the "tightness" of which it will lock to your rail is determined on the size of the lug on the Ckye Pod vs. the size of the slot on your rail. The spring on the button of the Ckye Pod will just make it easier or harder to attach/detach the clamp, but will not change the interface :)

Looking at a work around for making it work with a RRS combo pic/dovetail clamp but it would be nice to know it's going to lock up on the piece of pic rail the Ckye Pod is attached to.

I don't suppose you guys at MDT have any plans, any time soon, to release a version with an Atlas style head so different clamp options become available to the end user?

Looking at a work around for making it work with a RRS combo pic/dovetail clamp but it would be nice to know it's going to lock up on the piece of pic rail the Ckye Pod is attached to.

I don't suppose you guys at MDT have any plans, any time soon, to release a version with an Atlas style head so different clamp options become available to the end user?

No plans yet to release the RRS adaptable heads, but the requests are there. Will confirm when we have more info.

No plans yet to release the RRS adaptable heads, but the requests are there. Will confirm when we have more info.

tenor.gif
    ?

• Haha
    Reactions: ototallydude
    Picatinny to Arca Swiss on the rifle and change the pic on the cyke pod to an arca. (They make an adapter). That will lock the Cyke pod in position. Not ideal but workable until they make a better pic rail attachment.