• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Ckye-Pod: What are the differences between Gen 1 and Gen 2?

The most obvious difference us the method of controlling the cant. Gen 1 I believe have a hex screw on the front that is turned to tighten the system. on Gen 2 they have a large knurled knob with holes through it that will accept a rod to assist in tightening the system and restricting or loosening the cant. The hex screw can be replaced by a handle (sold by Grey ops) that works well, but may interfere with the legs in certain positions.

I bought the crosstac kit which replaces the knob and a couple of other things that make it much easier to perform quick adjustments.

The knurled knob is compatible with the gen 1. I bought it direct from MDT and installed in on my ckyepod.
Good to know, would have rather had that than the handle, but it does work. The knurled knob is great though