• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ckye-Pod - worth checking out

Glassaholic

Optical theorist and conjecturer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2012
    Panhandle, FL
    So I've been shooting Harris and Atlas bipods for some time now and hesitated with buying into the Ckye-Pod but after hearing such rave reviews I had to check one out, picked mine up from Ckye himself at Old Balls Inc - https://oldballsinc.com/products/copy-of-mdt-ckye-pod-standard-legs

But you can also pick them up from MDT - https://mdttac.com/us_en/mdt-ckye-pod.html

Both are great companies to work with.

Functionality I find much easier to deploy than both the Harris and the Atlas and the Standard size is considerably higher and wider providing for better and more stable platform, the QR picatinny adapter is much more solid than I thought it would be, on my Anarchy Outdoors AT spigot there is no wiggle whatsoever.

20200419_2014_AI_AT_6.5CM002.jpg

20200419_2014_AI_AT_6.5CM006.jpg

20200419_2014_AI_AT_6.5CM015.jpg

20200419_2014_AI_AT_6.5CM009.jpg

^^^ With legs like this, who needs a bayonet :LOL: and this is with a 26" barrel

I got an MDT Cyke earlier this year and I like it a lot. I still use my Atlas bipods, but will shoot the Cyke more in matches than my Atlas.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
    If the wife doesn’t steal mine I should be able to provide a little feedback soon. Visually they look the part. Price tag is up there, but I’m sure it’s well worth it.

Most versatile and best bipod I own for general purpose field use.

I have one on my PRS/NRL gun, and it's an awesome bipod. Works excellent in the field, and I've also managed to shoot my best groups to date with this things, on concrete prone no less.

Wondering if feet on the Ckye pods can be replaced? Surely you can buy replacement feet if they get a little worn.

I got one on the way too and can’t wait to give it a shot

Damnit I want one of those bipods. OP who makes the ARCA attachment at the front of your AI chassis?

EDIT: Just read the final sentence on the first post. Sorry

They did get a little ground up. I've shot hundreds of rounds off concrete with them.

If I remember, I'll take a picture when I get back home tomorrow of them for you.
    The reason I ask is I wonder if it'd be better to replace the claws with the Atlas rubber feet when shooting off concrete, but even on concrete sometimes the rubber feet don't grip as well.

I often shoot on a concrete pad and switched out the feet to the Atlas rubber feet. Quick change and only costs $20, with the option to go back to the standard claw feet.

I often shoot on a concrete pad and switched out the feet to the Atlas rubber feet. Quick change and only costs $20, with the option to go back to the standard claw feet.
    Do you feel you get "enough" grip with the rubber feet on concrete, I've had issues at times with trying to load my Atlas and there being some slippage.

I bought the Hawk Hill claw feet for one of my Atlas bipods, so I have an extra set of rubber feet. The fact that Ckye designed his bipod to work with Atlas feet is brilliant!

I dig the Cyke pod, but recently broke, or bend mine. It’s has to go back for repair.

A button bent locking up the unit. I honestly Dont know where it happened but it did.

I can see a few places for improvement on it. I think there is a wider potential for the design.

I would like to see the feet articulate when the legs are wide, I don‘t like balancing on the Edge of the spikes.

The buttons need a bit of a redesign, but otherwise I am fan.

I dig the Cyke pod, but recently broke, or bend mine. It’s has to go back for repair.

A button bent locking up the unit. I honestly Dont know where it happened but it did.

I can see a few places for improvement on it. I think there is a wider potential for the design.

I would like to see the feet articulate when the legs are wide, I don‘t like balancing on the Edge of the spikes.

I like your thought of articulating feet, but I wonder how that would hold up in mud and dirt - meaning would the gunk get in there and limit mobility. I like to use my Atlas on the bench, but really like the Cyke in the dirt when shooting prone.
    20200407_March_5-42x56_HM_Schmidt_5-45x56_HP016.jpg

Reactions: acudaowner
    I bought my Ckye Pod from Ckye himself, at a match a few years ago. It has held up well, and really can be a game changer in certain scenarios in a match. I agree on the button redesign, I wish I could adjust it a little easier from the "up" to the "down". Other than that, no complaints.

Reactions: straightandtrue
    The reason I ask is I wonder if it'd be better to replace the claws with the Atlas rubber feet when shooting off concrete, but even on concrete sometimes the rubber feet don't grip as well.

The rubber feet are a better bet, much better for friction on smooth surfaces, not just concrete but rocks, car hoods, metal roof, etc.

I have several sizes. It takes some time with it before you run it at a match, or you will fumble with the buttons and height. Running both factory feet and Hawk Hill feet. It's a great bipod, and very stable with the feet wide.

I had one of the original Ckye-Pods and had one of the buttons also start binding. MDT took care of it even though it was bought prior to them acquiring it. There was more movement in the legs on the replacement which should help with preventing or minimizing damage to the internals.

This is what I do and love it.

Ive heard of some people putting the large atlas feet in a lathe to make em fit the doble pull ckye-pod...I think I prefer the rubberr to the spikes overall tho.

GL
    DT

Reactions: Glassaholic
    Go with rubber Atlas feet. They work better for everything from concrete benches to Steel Safari.

Reactions: Diver160651

It doesn’t seem like you’re a big fan of pan features on other bipods, so do you lock out the pan feature on the Ckye-Pod and does it lock up well?
    What are your thoughts on the triple pull? Gimmicky, or useful for hunting w/o a tripod (but I guess tripod in the way to go)?

I bent several of the pins last year. Ckye was great to deal with and has sent me a handful of them.

What I have found is if the rifle tips all the way to the side with a RRS adapter, it (the adapter) can contact the buttons and bend those pins. I am pretty sure that is what happened the second time to mine. I am not sure if the regular arca clamp he offers does as well or not.

The first time I bent one of them, I think it was from carrying my rifle on my shoulder, muzzle up, using the back barricade stop part as a hook on my shoulder. I think it can ride down the shoulder and the buttons can contact the shoulder and or back pack straps.

I haven't been able to determine if they can bend under regular shooting conditions, though. I agree, I would like to see a redesign of the pins and have thought the same thing about the feet balancing on a point when the legs are spread out wide.

Reactions: deersniper
    I have my Cyke pod pretty tight, I don' t like panning

Ckye offers a pan lock. Very useful esp with the longer versions on eliminating accidental twists. I keep my pod locked unless shooting prone when I have to pan to many targets.

Not directed at you, but Short Action Precision also offers a tilt lock. Very useful as well.

GL
    DT

Ckye offers a pan lock. Very useful esp with the longer versions on eliminating accidental twists. I keep my pod locked unless shooting prone when I have to pan to many targets.

GL
    DT

I inquired about the Pan Lock and was told it was not available. Who do I need to contact to get a pan lock?

I inquired about the Pan Lock and was told it was not available. Who do I need to contact to get a pan lock?

contact Ckye at 406bullets directly

Love mine, before they had the pan-lock. I removed the pan assembly and machined an adapter to attach an RRS screw clamp onto mine.

I have one on the way after a month of me convincing me to not do it. I just wasnt digging my KAC by pod and my atlas knockoff is garbage. can someone explain to me the Feet swap and the quick change as someone mentioned above.

I believe, and dont quote me. KNS makes articulated pad feet for atlas pods.. wonder if they would interchange

I'd like to see photos of the pan lock, but honestly I just set the tension pretty tight and it hasn't moved hardly at all.

Reactions: RJK
    Care to show us?

he has been making RRS adapters for some time. no maching required lol

I'd like to see photos of the pan lock, but honestly I just set the tension pretty tight and it hasn't moved hardly at all.

ckye pod lock.jpg

nice small and out of the way.

there isnt a need for lock honestly on the short and std length. its REALLY nice on the 2 leg and 3 leg because the added length acts as a huge lever arm and pulls over constantly or snags up. or its nice if ur ocd about perfect alignment... :censored:

GL
    DT

Reactions: reubenski
    This great guys! Thanks for jumping in and offering feedback and support. We're constantly evolving the Ckye Pod design here and working with Ckye to ensure that the designs that he has come up with are implemented properly and can be scaled up for manufacturing.

A lot of the "wants" you guys have right now are being addressed and we will have more news for you all very soon. @lowlight the pivoting claw feet are not currently in development, but like others have said, the Ckye Pod is compatible with Atlas feet so you could switch out to anything that B&T makes (B&T Bipod Accessories) or the handful of aftermarket options too :)

If there is any other improvements that are holding you back or giving you grief on the Ckye Pod, be sure to let us know!
    Josh

Very nice.... HP precision should have my barreled action back to me soon. And I’ll be purchasing a Kahles 525i on Monday from a fellow hide member!
    C528BB9E-16CD-4330-B99D-E84003A6F661.jpeg

I wonder when the standard length arca models will be back in stock?