• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Clamp on muzzle brake

VandelayIndustries

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2022
Ask
Anyone have experience with clamp on muzzle brakes? What brand? Been thinking about getting one for a tikka t3x lite 300wm. Witt machine and tool co is what pops up on my search.

I have clamp-on for one of my .308s that came with a non-threaded barrel. It is from Kahntrol Solutions and it works great.

We are a Cadex dealer, and the larger caliber Cadex muzzle devices, up to .50 cal are clamp on with two screws. Works great. And a plug for Cadex, I think they are the best available.

Don’t be a savage. Thread that barrel
A tikka lite does not have enough meat to really safely thread for a 30 bore without risking opening up the crown and ruining the barrel.

The .730 and larger tikka barrels can be had as takeoffs for $100-200 and are already threaded 5/8ths.

Much cheaper and easier to buy a new barrel and screw it on.

Anyone have experience with clamp on muzzle brakes? What brand? Been thinking about getting one for a tikka t3x lite 300wm. Witt machine and tool co is what pops up on my search.

I had one of these on a Howa Heavy Varmint before I chopped it and threaded it. Worked just fine, if butt ugly.

I have three Witts, they work very well, so good, I’m going to buy a threaded version for a 308.