• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Clamping tripod Heads- the Triclawps

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
http://www.triclawps.com/triclawps/

I was looking at them, and I came across this. It looks pretty good, much less than the HOGS Saddle. I'd get a hogs saddle, but I can't afford to spend that much on a tripod head.

Anyone use this? If so, results?

Re: Clamping tripod Heads- the Triclawps

Have had one for about 2 months now, only thing I don't like is the (2) clamps it takes to secure the rifle, other than that good piece of gear to own and priced right

The Hide seems to have a negative on this. I would get the HOG saddle, but right now, it's not within reach. I may just stick with the PRS cradle then, for now, and get the HOG saddle in a few years.

I'm sure molded plastic is not the best substance for holding and clamping 15lbs+ rifles.

Thanks Gentlemen.

the hide seems to have never tried it and are giving you their opinion based on the website. i say find somone who has used it and ask them. its seems "affordable" and while i support my fellow entrepenuer marines, the hog saddle is a bit out of reach for most.

The whole plastic material suppoting the rifle is what I'm leary about, and I may have another solution as well.

Anyone actually get their hands on the triclawps? I'm having the same issue as the OP and am questioning if HS is worth 3X the price..

(I'm shooting a 25lb AICS FWIW)

Reading their website really turned me off to them. Seems like they were bashing the alternative.

Not trying to hijack this thread or be a smartaxx, but what does a 25lb AICS look like. I thought my 17lb TRG was a load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fixr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to hijack this thread or be a smartaxx, but what does a 25lb AICS look like. I thought my 17lb TRG was a load. </div></div>

26" 1.25 straight taper. I can post a pic if you'd like. She's a big bitch but that's ok she makes up for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the hide seems to have never tried it and are giving you their opinion based on the website. </div></div>

Seems like this is the case. Looking for someone with first hand experience with product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lafayette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26" 1.25 straight taper.</div></div>
Wow... That's a lot of stainless!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Save up and buy the Hog Saddle.... </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lafayette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26" 1.25 straight taper.</div></div>
Wow... That's a lot of stainless!!! </div></div>

Yessir that's why I'm looking to make sure the clamp can hold