• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Clarification on Maxpedition green colors

338LM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2003
STL Missouri
I am assuming that Mapedition's color "Foliage green" is the brighter green color and the "OD green" is the more duller olive drab like olive drab is suppose to be?
I believe that I am seeing a lot of mislabeled Maxpedition gear on the net labeled OD green and it is this brighter "live" looking green and does not look Olive Drab at all. And also visa versa, something labeled "Foliage green" and it looks olive drab.
Can a Maxpedition gear owner please clarify this for me so that I do not order the wrong color. I am wanting Olive drab. Thanks in advance.

Re: Clarification on Maxpedition green colors

O.D. is the brighter color.
The dull colored O.D. version should be Ranger Green.
Foliage green(there is no green in foliage green) is actually "grey".

FWIW,
Stu

I made this color swatch a few years ago for my website:
color_swatch.JPG

Triad/Steve also has one thats pretty good.

Later,
Stu

Stu,

I that a photo of real fabric side by side, or a photo-shop lineup?

"Holy Foliage Sheep $hit Batman"..........it's no wonder folks can't figure out WTF color they have/want...............

Steve, I think thats the one......honestly don't remember but you posted a picture that was perfect.

Stu

Ranger green is my favorite.
IF I figure out why I need a Mongo, it will be in Khaki Foliage so I can add pouches without angering the Tactical Tim Gunns of the world.

Pete