• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Class 3 Permit and FBI TS Clearance headbutting?

Jakerz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Statesville, NC
Hi guys, well bottum line is, I want a can for my rifle, but Im not sure if me putting in for a class 3 license would interfear with my TS (top secret) clearnance that I have to have for my Job. Just wondering if they'll see that and be like "WTF does he need one of those for" lol.

What do yall think?
Jake

Re: Class 3 Permit and FBI TS Clearance headbutting?

The clearance won't make a stamp come back any faster, but it won't slow you down, either. As long as you're cooperatiing and conforming to the applicable laws (NFA '34, in this case) then you are a stand-up, law abiding citizen looking to exercise your rights.

I had a secret clearance (not TS) in my past life and it didn't appear to make a difference.

No such thing as a "class 3 permit" and they really don't care about your clearance.

I have all that and four form fours to match the suppressors. Does not mean a thing and no one cares. Been that way for years. Do not worry about it.
wink.gif

You won't be applying for a class 3 license, you will be having your dealer fill out a Form 4 for you.

It's a Tax Stamp, you pay the tax, clear background and ATF gives you a Stamp, it looks like a old postage stamp, the serial number is handwriten on it, then a human being licks it and attaches it to your Form 4, it is not a permit, liscene, and the Stamp gives nobody the right to enter your home without a warrant, last but not least it's good for life.

Oh I don't go thru TSA security when I go to work, so I must have some kind of clearance, don't sweet it, you'll be fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh I don't go thru TSA security when I go to work, so I must have some kind of clearance, don't sweet it, you'll be fine. </div></div>

...the top of your head clears the door....so yeah you got clearance.

This is really interesting. I was researching the exact same thing myself. I was going to hold off until I got through the process to make sure nothing jacked the clearance up if I'm accepted.

Thanks for the heads up everyone.

Fishing the Gulf, is different than fishing the net. One has nothing to do with the other, although the same bait is used sometimes.

You have to understand how they go about doing these clearances.

Without going into it, I can assure you they are not this thorough. Nor is this one of the things they are even looking for.

Stop wasting your time sweating this.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Merry Christmas!</span></span>

The fact you have a clearance suggests you are a law abiding trust worthy person. NFA tax stamps further confirms this. A lot of people that have never owned NFA stuff have a lot of false impressions and worry about stuff for no good reason.

Obey the laws and play by the rules and your clearance won't be affected and you can enjoy better hearing in old age.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a Tax Stamp, you pay the tax, clear background and ATF gives you a Stamp, it looks like an old postage stamp, the serial number is handwritten on it, then a human being licks it and attaches it to your Form 4, it is not a permit, license, and the Stamp gives nobody the right to enter your home without a warrant, last but not least it's good for life.</div></div>

Brian, are you sure a human being licks the stamp?

Re: Class 3 Permit and FBI TS Clearance headbuttin

Publicly spouting off your clearance should cause you more grief than buying a NFA item.

DOD clearances are done by Defense Investigative Services...The background check for a class 3 consists of running your prints through AFIS to see if you are a convicted felon. Different agencies and they do not talk to one another.

Re: Class 3 Permit and FBI TS Clearance headbuttin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Renegade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Publicly spouting off your clearance should cause you more grief than buying a NFA item. </div></div>

So true, I guess it's not so secret now........