• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Classic 1911 Compact

paraman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2003
Boise , Idaho
Picked this one up recently for a decent price . Its a Springfield compact that rolled out the doors on Sept. 11 1991 . I don't think its been carried or shot much in its 20 year life but that's about to change . Of course the second it showed up I ordered a few aftermarket parts for it and sent it off to the smith to let him muck it up a bit
wink.gif

Springfield1.jpg

Re: Classic 1911 Compact

Great gun!
I had a full size 1911 A1 that was made before the Loaded models, very similar. Mine was stainless, did all the upgrades myself with all Wilson parts and man was it smooth.
That slide felt like it rode on ball bearings. Springfield Armory makes some great guns.

Show some before and afters when its done.

Nice 1911.

I have yet to own a Compact, but its my favorite model (had a friend's while he was in Afghanistan).

I have yet to find one when I have money, but I will get on someday! Prefect size and no crazy lawyer safety BS.

Good grab!!

that is one very clean compact. i regretfully sold my a few years ago and have not been able to find one in near the condition mine was

In 1991 I picked this guy up (in stock form). It rode as a BUG and off duty gun for a number of years in the mid to late 90s, before being cleaned, polished up again and semi retired.

016-3.jpg

005.jpg

Finally got it back and have been carrying it for a while . I really like it .

EDC5.JPG

Nice!! I want to pick one of those up for carry