• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

classy looking canted bases?

eddybo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2008
MS
I have a 30/06 AI built on a Nesika in a mcmillan camo stock that is about the purtiest gun I have ever owned. I took it long range shooting yesterday and know I have to have some different bases. I was using the bottom of the scope as my aiming point (about 30MOA) and also dialing 12 MOA. It shot so good at 1400 I just have to do it again. Right now the gun sports talleys and a vl-7 is there anything out there that will give me some cant that looks good. Not saying I do not like the look of picatiny rails, just that it would not look right on this gun.

Re: classy looking canted bases?

If it will help you formulate a suggestion for some mounts that will not look out of place I will try and do so tomorrow afternoon.

Look into the gunsmithing thread....there was a user asking about what the formula to build in cant into bases.....you could have the local machine shop mill your Talleys? Shorter screws if they could get the contours...or there are the Burris Signature Posiligns....I have a set sitting waiting for a need and have the -20 inserts if you have interest...I never used them but lots of people report great things with them and hold the bigger NXS with them just fine.

Night Force makes 2 Pc. Picatiny bases with 20 MOA cant. Dont know if they make them for your action. I used them on a Savage F-Class 6.5x284 rifle. or you might try the Burris Sig Rings, and use there offset ring inserts to obtain your cant. They make them in 1.0" and 30mm sizes.