• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CLE Chamber from Compass Lake

J.Boney

Resident Sheepdog
Minuteman
May 10, 2006
NC - USA
Hey guys, looking for any feedback positive or negative on this particular chamber from compass Lake. Will I need to use a small base die when I reload the brass. I have a couple rifles with Wylde chambers and I know how they perform, but is this one that much better?

Thanks

1542751988408.png

You should be just fine with a normal die.
Unless youre shooting crappy mil brass from a machine gun with over sized chambers that you need a smaller base die to overcome brass spring back the normal die should do what you need it to.

Reactions: J.Boney
Depends on the die & gas vs bolt action.

I’ve got a Redding FL sizing die that does NOT size sufficiently in 2 CL ARs, the rounds fail to extract. A Hornady FL die, however, sizes them just fine. For a bolt action I’d say any die will work.

Frank recommends the Dillon sizing die.

Reactions: J.Boney
My 20” Krieger with CLE match chamber is about 80 fps faster than a friend’s Bartlein with wylde.

Likewise with a CLE criterion vs WOA wylde. I would say the wylde chambers may be a bit more accurate.

Reactions: Blazin and J.Boney