• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Clean powders for suppressor use

Old Man with Gun

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Feb 4, 2019
    I am shooting almost everything suppressed these days and am finding a lot of my pet loads are dirty as hell.

I want to open this up to any caliber subsonic or supersonic with the focus on clean burning powders.

Feel free to post full load data or just your experience with how clean or dirty different powders are in various calibers.

Xbr in a 223 bolt gun has been cleaner burning than any of the other temp stable powders Iv tried in about anything.

Hundreds of rounds of Xbr 223 don’t do what a couple dozen of whatever with h4350 does in my suppressors.

Reactions: Old Man with Gun
    All Hodgdon extremes are pretty clean minus Retumbo. Almost all Alliant or Viht 5 series are pretty dirty. 8208XBR is clean. Imr enduron are middle of road clean/dirty. This is my experience with Centerfire supersonic loads.

Reactions: Old Man with Gun