• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning 22 trainer

Started bore diary after last time I cleaned and also fine grinded it. At the moment it has 1000 through. Started worrying about accuracy at 600, as 100yd groups started growing. But still did not do it, not sure if it was just me.
Since shot in quite windy weather but the vertical has stayed within reason.

Equipment:
-Dewey rod
-Boretech Rimfire solution
-Also with Eliminator sometimes, heard that their Carbon remover is the best for chamber
-Breakthrough bore mop
-Dewey nylon brush
-Boresnake (not the original, rather improved version with optional brushes threaded in between and less tangly line)

Anschutz 54 repeater action with Lilja barrel 8400 rounds of Center X. Oil and wipe action - never cleaned barrel. Just tested a new lot of SK Rifle Match and it went ~.8-.9 at 100 Meters. Measured with a steel rule didn't have anything else with me.

Truly, I want to also add that I have trouble noticing if my barrel has 1 or 1000 shots behind it.

But I can see that there appears a carbon ring in the chamber after 150 rounds and it grows with time.

I know that quality barrels do not exhibit this problem but I cannot stop it from forming in my Sako barrel. It might not affect negatively at first but over time it seems to start affecting accuracy. Maybe after the last polishing it has stopped forming into a problem.

Bore-Tech coated rod, bore guide, VFG cleaning pellets, Kroil and Shooters Choice.

I clean every couple hundred rounds.

I don't make any effort at keeping track of the last time I cleaned my 22RF bbls - just wipe 'em out with a couple of patches saturated with Ed's Red solvent, then one or two dry patches, after every range session. Most of my barrels are hand-lapped customs - Bartlein, Krieger, Lilja, Shilen - and after putting a hundred or so rounds of std vel match ammo through them, they very, very seldom have any lead fouling. It's just so simple, easy, & quick to use a rod guide and wipe them out that I can't see any reason not to.

I drag a bore snake with BoreTech carbon cleaner through it every one thousand rounds or so, do that 3-4 times then a couple of times dry. Clean the bolt, raceways, breech face thoroughly then as well, using a Tipton chamber tool that holds a dental absorbent mop (3/8" diameter x 1.25" inch or so length), toothbrush, Q tips. Usually takes 15-20 rounds after cleaning to settle in again and shoot tight. Rifles are a Vudoo Tactical with 22" barrel and a Remington 40X with Bartlein 26" barrel.

I have one that takes 500 rounds to settle down. It hasn't been cleaned in 3000 now, and still shooting great. Factory Remington bull barrel.

All the rest are gopher guns. So long as they function I leave them alone.