• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Cleaning chamber, will this work

Re: Cleaning chamber, will this work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO the best kit out there for this purpose

http://www.sinclairintl.com/product/8010/ActionChamber-Cleaning-Tools

</div></div>

Oh man that looks nice... I bet that would be more thorough than the large mop end to clean out the lugs. They also offer replacement mops and swabs right? Is this the kid I need for the 308?

Will wait till I get home this afternoon to get some more feedback. Thanks

edit- speaking of lugs... what are you using on yours? I put a light coat of Militec on mine last night, but even a light coat ran down the bolt. I like keeping stuff as dry as possible as to not attract a bunch of shit. Should I try some militec grease just slightly on the back of the lugs and any other "wear areas"?

Thanks

+1 for the Sinclair.

I've been using this kit going on 15 years. Best all in one out there for getting the job done right.

What is yalls technique on lubing the lugs. Light coat of grease on them?

Super Lube Grease on/in Bolt gun-
Bolt Lugs.
Extraction Cam Surfaces.
F/Pin shroud threads.
Cocking Cam.

Super Lube spray on/in gas gun-
Upper receiver & Charging Handle.
Bolt & Carrier assy.
F/Pin.

Midway supplies one of these kits also. One good thing to keep around is a good nylon bore brush to be used to really scrub the neck and throat ares of your chamber.
The felt wipers that are supplied with the kit are used to wipe out the lug area. Then you can use a good grease to lube the locking lugs.
larryj