• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning Rod

Beyond The Myth

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2022
Los Angeles, California
Getting my 26" barrel for 22lr build soon, just wondering what cleaning rod does people usually use for the barrel this long?

I had a 44" one from boretech, but I don't think it is long enough for 26" barrel unless I remove barrel action from the chassis every time.

Any suggestion?

Not many 22 cal cleaning rods longer than 42". I assume it the chassis butt stock you are fighting, can you not disassemble some of it?
I run a Rim X, 23.5" barrel in a Manners TCS, I have to remove the cheek pc and but pad assembly each time, takes 45 sec to do. Like the guy above, I really like Montana extreme rods these days.

Yea i was referring to the chassis butt pad all together doesn’t seems long enough. Im fine with removing the pads as long as it works. Ill check it out. Thanks guys.

Getting my 26" barrel for 22lr build soon, just wondering what cleaning rod does people usually use for the barrel this long?

I had a 44" one from boretech, but I don't think it is long enough for 26" barrel unless I remove barrel action from the chassis every time.

Any suggestion?
The only suggestion I would give anyone on cleaning rods is to buy the stiffest rod you can find. Flex is not what you want!

I run 26” barrels on my centerfire and a 44” rod will exit barrel right before I get handle to my buttpad.

44" measured, or 44" rod from boretech? I run their 40" rod, and I have to reduce my LOP to 13" to get it through my 26" barrel. If I had a 42" it'd been perfect.

Yea my mistake. It is the 44" measured with the handle, so probably the 40" rod one. Sounds like removing the butt pad is the solution. Was thinking about something like my centerfire with really long rod 🤣