• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning solutions

CowboyBart

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2007
North West WY
I am just about out of my cleaning liquids and am wondering what you guys like, that works. I usually buy in quantity so the last time I purchased liquids was more than 15 years ago. What new stuff works??
I'm having difficulty removing copper from several used guns that I bought as well as some old standbys are giving me grief trying to get the moly, from the coated bullets, out.
Sweets has been my go to for a long time as well as Gunslick Foaming Bore Cleaner spray. Does anything work better?

I have migrated totally to Boretech. The Copper Remover works really good as does the Carbon Remover. For my 22LR I splurged and got the Rimfire specific one.

You can't go wrong with them. They work great.

For cleaning barrels and removing copper, it's hard to beat Pro-Shot Copper Solvent IV. Been using it for over 10 years. Great stuff. And for everything else that needs a more gentle cleaner, I use RemOil.

BoreTech or Sharp Shoot R products work well. J-B paste for extreme fouling from abusive use/lack of cleaning.

Bore Tech
It flat out works and I like that it doesn't harm the bore if left in place.

Reactions: Average guy
Wipeout foam for the normal routine cleaning every couple hundred rounds with boretech c4 carbon and c2 copper every few normal cleanings.

Reactions: Average guy
Boretech is all you need. I do keep some CLR around in case of a nasty carbon ring.