• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning Supplies for 6.5 Creedmoor Help

HumbleEinstein

Minuteman
Sep 17, 2013
Virginia
This is embarrassing. Please steer me in the right direction on cleaning supplies I need for a 6.5 Creedmoor. It's a little confusing because at .264 the 6.5 Creedmoor seems to be between sizes in many cases. I am looking for a rod, Dewey Parker style jag, bore guide, and brushes. I already have high quality rods in the .22-.260 and .30+ sizes. Clearly the .30+ is not going to fit, but is .22-.260 right or is there a better fit. Also, the closest Dewey Parker jags I can find are for 6mm. Will that be the right size? I like to have nylon and brass brushes too. Lastly, I prefer a bore guide with a solid "O" ring. Links would be most helpful. Thus far I have stuck to common calibers finding cleaning supplies that have been the right fit was obvious. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sinclair international will have everything you need, might check out the Mike Lucas bore guides also...there isnt a better bore guide system out there.

I just bought jags and brushes from Dewey for my .260.
I don't recall them being hard to find, but you could always call Dewey, they're very helpful.

For mine I use a .22-.260 Dewey rod, you are correct that the .30 rod will not fit. Dewey's female Parker Hale jag in 6mm is the correct one(they make both male ended and female, for their rod you definitely want female, giggidy-giggidy). Works great. I use 1"x1" patches to wrap the jag. I'm using a Possum Hollow bore guide with solvent port, and it's good. Mike Lucas bore guides are the best and more spendy, I have one for another rifle and it's worth the price, but nothing wrong with Possum Hollow either.

Edit to add: both Lucas and Possum Hollow use rubber O-rings to keep solvent out of the action.

Last edited:
I just bought a 6.5 CM bbl for my AI, Im getting everything direct from the Dewey website. They have 6.5 specific jags/brushes.