• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors CLEO signature good for how long?

ROLEXrifleman

Snipers Hide Original
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2004
    INDIANA
    On ATF paperwork, be it a 1 or a 4, how long is it good for once it's signed by your local CLEO?

Most folks send their Form 4 in immediately after they have the CLEO signature and their print cards done. Kind of an odd question...
    But, I would say that the signature is valid as long as the CLEO is in office....unless you find a regulation that states otherwise.

Not that odd.
    If I have 9 items to transfer and want to do send paperwork in for 3 each month it makes sense.
    This way I can sit down with the chief once and get them all signed snd send them in 3 at a time. $1800 in one crack isn't something I really want to do right now.

Not that odd.
    If I have 9 items to transfer and want to do send paperwork in for 3 each month it makes sense.
    This way I can sit down with the chief once and get them all signed snd send them in 3 at a time. $1800 in one crack isn't something I really want to do right now.

Ouch...$1800 in tax stamps at one time is a bit much. I understand...
    If I were you, I would have went the trust route instead of CLEO.... No signature required and send your forms in whenever you're ready. That is, until the change the law on trusts with NFA items.