• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Clicking on snipershide post links, showing logged out

KZP

P.L.O.
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2017
NC
I do a search on any engine and click on a link to a snipershide thread that it presents, snipershide acts as if I am logged out. This also happens sometimes when clicking links inside of snipershide threads directing to other posts. If I do a search for that specific thread using snipershide and click on it, I stay logged in.

I'm using Brave browser.

EDIT: Problem is related to how links are formatted. If it has www. before the URL, it acts logged out. If the www. is absent, it works fine. General search engines are putting www. before the URL. Not sure why the site behaves differently in this manner

Last edited:
I do a search on any engine and click on a link to a snipershide thread that it presents, snipershide acts as if I am logged out. This also happens sometimes when clicking links inside of snipershide threads directing to other posts. If I do a search for that specific thread using snipershide and click on it, I stay logged in.

I'm using Brave browser.
It was doing that a few weeks ago. Try logging out then deleting all cookies for the site then log back in.

It was doing that a few weeks ago. Try logging out then deleting all cookies for the site then log back in.
Just tried as suggested, still showing logged out.

Hmm, given all the anonymizing stuff Brave does wonder if that is at the root of it.
If you copy/paste a search result link into the address bar on a logged in tab does that work?

Reactions: KZP
Hmm, given all the anonymizing stuff Brave does wonder if that is at the root of it.
If you copy/paste a search result link into the address bar on a logged in tab does that work?

It does not, one of the things I tried. Here is comparison of search result link differences

Search engine: "https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/berger-185-juggernauts-308-data.155166/"

SH search tool: "https://snipershide.com/shooting/threads/berger-185-juggernauts-308-data.155166/"

Seems having www. in front is treating it like a different session?

Just tried it as well, does the same thing in Firefox.

Reactions: KZP