• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Climate change activists vs. tribal police

giphy.gif

Burning man is awesome.

Yep. It used to be associated with purely hippie and spiritual types. But I swear that the festival has gotten more and more conservative over the years. I've seen pictures of vehicles with Gadsden, 1776, and 3per flags at the event, and tents marked with various regional gun clubs and competition shooting organizations. And I think last year enough voices stood up to force BM's directors to remove their open carry ban at the festival grounds. Nevada is an open carry state and one can open carry a firearm as long as they are not inebriated or under the influence of drugs.

Burning Man currently seems to be comprised of 50% benign, non-leftist hipsters, the ones that are super cool and will tell you all about collecting vinyl records when you converse with them in a coffee shop, and the other 50% are Patriots, local long range hunters, and weekend cowboys just stopping by to have fun. The left seems to have lost it's grip on the festival and that is why the climate freaks are trying to disrupt this one.

Special Snow Flakes taking part in attention seeking behavior gained the desired attentions and found out! Looking at the backed up traffic its difficult to understand why these folks didn't form a citizens awareness group and assist these misguided fools to the safety on the road side. Was that cop wearing "Hey Dudes" ?

Burning Man is fun as hell if you are a Desert Hippie type person.

It is a place where both spiritual guru shaman gals and rugged long range elk hunters shooting one of a kind super-custom bolt rifles or black powder cartridge silhouette shooting mountain men can hang out and share a lot of common interests.
smiley_smartass.gif

The political left have lost their hold over the festival bit by bit over the years and it is awesome to see them lose, and normal folks and Patriots flood back in.

Reactions: 232593
It is a place where both spiritual guru shaman gals and rugged long range elk hunters shooting one of a kind super-custom bolt rifles or black powder cartridge silhouette shooting mountain men can hang out and share a lot of common interests.
smiley_smartass.gif

The political left have lost their hold over the festival bit by bit over the years and it is awesome to see them lose, and normal folks and Patriots flood back in.
Hey I’m still waiting for Led Zeppelin to get back together, if they play burning man I’m in.

smiley_smartass.gif

That is good to hear, never been to a burning man, on my bucket list.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Buddy of mine works for a northern NV tribal police agency. He told me that the department from the video had just lost a well-liked officer over the weekend to a scumbag in a shooting. I’m guessing they weren’t in the mood to discuss things with the protesters.

Why do I feel that if that guy was to jump onto one of these climate freaks with his full weight and impact, that climate freak would go SQUELCH and sparkle infused rainbow paste would squirt out from the flattened carcass in every direction?

anim_lol.gif
Oh, you mean like a "Reverse Stockton Rush", right ? :unsure: :eek:

(Sorry, just couldn't control myself. Someone was going to do it sooner or later, might as well have been me :eek::ROFLMAO:).

I've never been to Burning Man, but I had an interesting experience on that highway and the Tribal Rangers back in in September of 2000.

I was driving my old Jeep with my old dog and pulling a utility trailer on the way to the Surprise Valley to visit an old girlfriend. I had the road all to myself. Hadn't seen another vehicle in what seemed like forever, and when there was a siren behind me. It was a Tribal police cruiser. That didn't thrill me. (Getting pulled over never thrills me, but tribal police? Bad juju.) I had no idea where he came from or what he wanted, but there was nothing to do but pull over. The cop walked up to the side of my Jeep, and the conversation went like this:
Cop - Hi
Me - Hello Officer
Cop - How are things going today?
Me - Oh...everything's fine. Just taking a little road trip.
Cop - Cool
Me - ?...Ah...Do you need my license and registration?
Cop - Nah... You're good.
Me - Okay...Can I ask...Why did you pull me over?
Cop - Look...Can we just talk for a while? It's lonely AF out here!

So we chatted for a while. I told him about the girl I was going to see. (He liked hearing about Brenda) Then he said goodbye and went back to where he was hiding. I got my ass out of there before he decided he was still lonely.o_O