• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Climbing for deer (6 XC)

That is some steep hunting, if you were to fall it would not be good

Reactions: THLR
True!
Hence my expert tip "Don't fall!" :ROFLMAO:

This is home. If you can't navigate mountains or the sea, you're not going to have a life. My shooting range is behind the left peak. It's not really difficult, just walk with your brain attached and think through the consequences of a fall.

Eidetinden.jpg

Deer, moose, reindeer, roedeer, ducks, geese, ptarmigan, capercaille, crows, magpies, beaver, fox. Have hunted all of them, but tend to stick to red deer/ roe deer and ptarmigan these days. With age, family and time constraints, it limits itself.

Yes, access from landowners - local hunting get's money intensive and the quality isn't there.
I live fairly remote, and everything I do involve travel. 1 hour to the range, 5 hours to a hunt which means everything I do is a "minor expedition".
So I just saddle up proper and spend the same hours and less money on a better experience.

For example, my ptarmigan hunting is a proper wilderness hunt. Skiing out would be 16 hours.
My deer hunting is working with professional hunters. I travel and arrive before dinner. Depending on who I'm with, I'm either a paying client or a non-paid extra hand. It gives me access to wide ranges and a very high level of knowledge which naturally skyrockets my learning curve. (these guys shoot deer by the hundreds each season)

The chamois and muledeer hunts are just lifetime goals, something I wanted to experience after reading about it online. Mostly one-off incidents.

Reactions: fmillik
@THLR

I was rewatching your Chamois hunt the other day, and I was thinking you should visit PATHFilmsNZ in New Zealand sometime. You were clearly an inspiration for his films, and you would be able to hunt Chamois or Tahr (or nearly any other big-game animal).

Looks like absolute beauty country down there, and your sort of a trip.

My Wife and I had tickets for a vaction in March, but had to cancel with the Covid-19 lockdowns.

Me & Pete are friends. I been to NZ twice and hunted/shot with him. It's a fantastic destination for a hunter, a lot of freedom and opportunity. The downside is expensive tickets and 33 hours on a plane.

Reactions: fmillik