• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Climbing mountains for chamois, 6 XC

THLR

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2012
I didn't capture this hunt as well as I'd like, BUT it was a proper return of investment and a good example of why you should invest training in HAMMER FORGED FUNDAMENTALS...

That looks like an amazing hunt. Headed to Macedonia this fall for a Balkan Chamois. Gets me excited about my hunt when I watched the video.

CWJ

Best of luck, Macedonia is same-but-different. The only thing intimidating to me ( I live in a very wet place) was that the mountains are fairly dry, so bring more drinking water than you're used to.

Not sure how used you are to mountains, but expect to dress a lot lighter than you would going after whitetails in a field. Despite the snow/ ice, I was only wearing a thin windbreaker over my wool baselayer and it was more than enough.

When I was living in Geneva Id cross border to France and Hike the Jura.

Just east of Col de la Faucille there is a large glacial bowl creating about a 90 degree cliff face.

The Chamois populated that cliff face which amazed me.

I dont think hunting the ones I saw would have been hard.

Hike to bottom of cliff, aim, fire, recover your busted up bag of Chamois bones at the base of the cliff.