• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Clip holster for Glock??

Re: Clip holster for Glock??

it's ok but nothing is covering the trigger. So I guess if I were to use it I'd carry with out one in the pipe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's ok but nothing is covering the trigger.<span style="color: #FF0000"> So I guess if I were to use it I'd carry with out one in the pipe</span>. </div></div>

Why?

exactly why I wouldn't use a clip draw holster lol

I've carried a G26, G19, G34 with thE clipdraw for YEARS. I've never understood the "cover the trigger" thing. That's like saying, "it doesn't have a grip safety or thumb safety, so I wouldn't carry it with one in the pipe." Heck, the only close call I ever felt like I had was realizing that the thumb safety on my 1911 had been brushed into the off-safe position before I unholstered it. KEEP YOUR FINGER OUT OF THE TRIGGERGUARD AND YOU'LL BE OK. You carry anything without one in the chamber, and you'll be hearing a click when you need a boom. You aren't going to remember or have the time to rack the slide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's ok but nothing is covering the trigger.<span style="color: #FF0000"> So I guess if I were to use it I'd carry with out one in the pipe</span>. </div></div>

Why? </div></div>

Only guessing here but the likelihood of shooting oneself while drawing in a stressfull situation is way up there....
While I like the concept, I have a Barami grip on my S@W model 60 I would be reluctant to use one with a loaded auto...

A holster that covers the trigger only covers the trigger for about 1/3 of a second and the first 3/4 inch of the draw. And frankly, since the clipdraw is an "inside the waistband" type of carry, your waistband covers the triggerguard for about the same amount of time/movement, if not longer.

Moot point...

The purpose of a holster is not to hold the gun, primarily. the purpose of a holster is to cover the trigger when the firearm is holstered.

Of course the trigger is uncovered when you draw...otherwise, how could you shoot the gun?

The salient point is that firearms should only be carried in a holster that covers the trigger.

I carry my 29 with a clipdraw holster. The trigger is covered by my waistband and belt during carry. During draw I don't have my finger entering the trigger guard until the weapon is coming up on target.

I don't worry about it too much. You should be practicing with your carry rig and setup anyway. I find it nust takes some getting used to like any holster change.