• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Clip on Thermal Scope or Clip on Nightvision?

X-man21

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2004
Los Angeles, California
I have a Scar 20s and LMT MWS 6.5cm that I'm looking to purchase a Clip on Thermal or Nightvision scope to use. Both weapons run peq 15's so I'd be able to take advantage of that capability if I went with the Nightvision. But I'm thinking the Thermal will be more versatile because I can use in the day and night time. If any of you could help me with this choice with your personal experiences I'd appreciate the help. I want to buy once and cry once but also what I ever get now the other one will have to wait at least a year for me to save up and get that purchase.

TigIR and a good day optic ftw, if you want buy once cry once, Nox 18 if you're a poor like me.

I use both. The clip on NV.....a good one, is better for long distance at night and bigger fields. A good thermal is better all around and most of the time we are shooting with thermal. I still use a thermal hand held scanner for acquisition even when using the NV clip on.