• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision ClipIR-LR MK2

MinistryOfTruth

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2022
Maryland
So...was Eotech's marketing outsourced or did they figure out some sort of ninja optical package?

"The EOTech MK2 ClipIR-LR Thermal Clip-On uses a high-resolution 1280 x 1024 thermal sensor to turn your daytime red dot sight or 4-10x riflescope into a night vision optic."

Says its an 8.7 degree FOV....with a 50mm lens. Which is possible if they came up with a 6um core I guess.

1280 display. Someone in marketing goofed.

That’s like saying the stereo exhaust sounds from the entertainment center sound like a 1280 horsepower car. So it’s a 1280hp car.

It’s sorta a critical spec.

Reactions: jwramp
Looks like they fixed it, at least on their main website.

Welp, looks like I'll be getting this instead of a VOODOO-S. It has BT/WiFi wonder if it means an eventual ATAK plugin or at least an SDK to send COT over the wire(less).

If it looks half as good as the dedicated 1280 thermal scope from iRay I saw on YouTube it's well worth the price of admission to keep my own glass and not rely solely on digital zooms

EDIT: Read somewhere clipon still downgrades to 640. Ah well.

Last edited:
Looks like they fixed it, at least on their main website.

Welp, looks like I'll be getting this instead of a VOODOO-S. It has BT/WiFi wonder if it means an eventual ATAK plugin or at least an SDK to send COT over the wire(less).

If it looks half as good as the dedicated 1280 thermal scope from iRay I saw on YouTube it's well worth the price of admission to keep my own glass and not rely solely on digital zooms

EDIT: Read somewhere clipon still downgrades to 640. Ah well.
Apples and oranges, re: Voodoo-S.

1280 is in dedicated mode. 640 in clipon mode.