• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Close Range Gun Fighting Not Paper Punching...Va Beach 1-2 June 2013 Suarez International

Capt Beach

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
Virginia Beach Va
Learn to FIGHT AND LIVE...The class begins with a tune-up of the fundamentals, then we progress quickly to new skills such as Proactive and Reactive Manipulations, Shooting While Moving Off The X, Reality-Based Multiple Hostiles Engagement, 360 degree CQB Movement, Danger-Close Fighting, Bilateral Shooting, 360 degree After Action Assessment Methods, and Integrating the Flashlight and Other Tools into the Firing Platform. This is the life-saving material that is often ignored in many other programs. In two days, you will receive more information than most armed professionals ever get!

OK...time is getting close...CRG in Va Beach Va 1-2 June 2013 is on the schedule...
June 1-2, 2013: Close Range Gunfighting - Virginia Beach, VA

Live in Ohio...its a 12 hour drive with the kids...leave early and enjoy dinner on the beach...

Live in Maryland its 4...

SC is 6 or so depending on where you live...

West Va is 5...

NC is just across the border...

Book an AWESOME weekend of training and bring the wife and kids for a week at the Beach...Hampton Roads has so much to offer...Williamsburg and Yorktown for the history buffs, shopping for the wives (5-6 malls) Ocean Front for the kids, fishing, Jet Ski rentals...you name it...

Jack Rumbaugh even has a special deal for those who sign up for M4 in September too...
June Close Range Gunfighting, Sep Rifle Gunfighting - Virginia Beach, VA

Got questions shoot me an IM or email...want to talk about it call me...I'll IM you my cell number...

Capt Beach

Last edited:
Start it out like this...at the breakfast table...with everyone there...too easy...

"Honey...I am going to take this course in Va Beach in June...and I want to take YOU and the Kids with me for a week or so at the Beach..."

Rifle or handgun? Fifth wheel camping nearby? Price? Circula? Your qualifications?

..I am not instructor, Jack Rumbaugh of SI is...

According to the Suarez website:

"Jack Rumbaugh, Suarez International's new Director of Training, has been the Tier One Staff Instructor for the states of Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland since his moving to the area in 2004. Jack is one of SI's original staff instructors. He teaches out of his home range outside of Winchester, VA and travels all along the Mid-Atlantic as well as nation-wide to present the Suarez International family of classes. Jack found Suarez International in 2002 and the material presented resonated with him. He wanted to be a part of spreading the common-sense approach to gunfighting and became an instructor in short order.

Jack is a former column editor for Concealed Carry Magazine and still contributes on occasion. His column, The Force on Force Notebook, gained national exposure when his study of the Virginia Tech shootings was featured in a panel discussion hosted by the Southern Sociological Society in Richmond, VA in 2008.

Jack is certified to teach nearly all of the Suarez International curriculum, including Close Range Gunfighting, Extreme Close Range Gunfighting, 0-5 Feet Gunfighting, Defensive Knife, Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction, HRO CQB-Fighting in Houses, Force On Force Gunfighting, and Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, just to name a few.

Originally from Florida, Jack has been around guns most of his life, learning to shoot before he entered the first grade. His introduction to Martial Arts began in Middle School and he has retained an interest to this day. Jack is an avid student of the knife since he hosted a knife seminar in 2006. Jack believes that anyone who carries a gun should also pursue some of the other martial disciplines to be a well-rounded fighter. He lives in the distant suburbs of Washington, DC with his family and his two dogs."

As I read it, the bio is a bit thin on the type of knowledge and experience required for a 'gun fighting not paper punching' course:

As the new director of training for Suarez the material 'resonates' with him, he 'wanted to be a part' of 'spreading the word', he 'became an instructor in short order', he's a former Concealed Carry Magazine editor and he is certified (presumably by Suarez) to teach what Suarez offers, having 'been around guns most of his life'.

With regard to being the new Director of Training and a 'Tier One staff instructor', are there any Tier One or Tier Two guys who have commented on his instruction in VA and on the material.... like maybe 3rd Group?

Last edited: