• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CLP Brand Comparsion

I like watching his content and he tests all kinds of stuff like duct tape, glues, paint, it's like a more useful version of Consumer Reports for people who actually do things. In my experience, Break Free CLP has been a solid performer in my guns for about 20 years so it was nice to see it holding its own.

Reactions: Jigstick
Mobil 1 cut with ATF on basically everything.

For anything you want to be retarded anal about or store, use WeaponShield.

That's it. No need to test anything else. No need to talk about oil. Go fucking shoot stuff.

Reactions: 308pirate
He's tested motor oils. Mobile 1 performed pretty poorly iirc compared to others.

His oil tests are not realistic.

Check out "Bob is the oil guy" and do some research. Quality full synthetic is always good, but mobile 1 is generally the best of the normal oils, only really getting beat on by stuff that costs 5x more and is geared towards racing.

Reactions: 308pirate
Years ago, I can't even remember where I got it, I acquired a metal gallon container of Army issue CLP. I also have a green plastic 2-3 oz bottle with the screw tip. I'm 57 and I'll never use it all. I like Break free collectors for a heavier storage oil.

His oil tests are not realistic.

Check out "Bob is the oil guy" and do some research. Quality full synthetic is always good, but mobile 1 is generally the best of the normal oils, only really getting beat on by stuff that costs 5x more and is geared towards racing.

Does he test them? I see the forum but are there actually tests comparing motor oils?

Does anyone still use Break Free any more? Huh! The things you learn ...

G96, on the other hand ... if they made beard oil that smells like their Gun Treatment, I'd use it.

Love that stuff ...
I use 3-in-1

Does anyone still use Break Free any more? Huh! The things you learn ...

G96, on the other hand ... if they made beard oil that smells like their Gun Treatment, I'd use it.

Love that stuff ...

Yup. I have had people give it to me and I have a few small bottles of Break Free on the bench.

I won't buy it, but I won't turn down free lube that works OK.