• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors CLR on Stainless Baffle Cleaning Video

Good video.

I've used CLR before, but not a soak like you did here. Seems like it worked well and I thought the M&M container was a good idea also.

Do you generally re-use the CLR?

For a can made of all titanium and stainless, couldn't you just put a stopper in the end and fill up the can as it sits?

Reactions: Lunchbox27
For a can made of all titanium and stainless, couldn't you just put a stopper in the end and fill up the can as it sits?
i kept having the liquid leak out the other end slowly over night when i did it so the best thing that worked for me is to just lay the suppressor down int an old bread pan and submerge with CLR and let soak.

Reactions: lash
Great video. I thought CLR wasn’t recommended on non serviceable Stainless Steel cans. I will certainly give it a soak, now.

i kept having the liquid leak out the other end slowly over night when i did it so the best thing that worked for me is to just lay the suppressor down int an old bread pan and submerge with CLR and let soak.
Without a good seal on a rubber stopper, Leaking would be a problem.
I do really like the idea of stealing the kids old M&M tubes and stuffing it inside.

Great video. I thought CLR wasn’t recommended on non serviceable Stainless Steel cans. I will certainly give it a soak, now.
I think CLR can break down coatings like cerakote so if the outside has any finish you're fond of, you might not want to soak the whole thing.

I think CLR can break down coatings like cerakote so if the outside has any finish you're fond of, you might not want to soak the whole thing.

that is what i originally thought too but it didn't happen. the sonic cleaner did a little but though.

that is what i originally thought too but it didn't happen. the sonic cleaner did a little but though.
Thats good to know. I'm thinking about using some of the clear cerakote on my next titanium F1. It will probably be a small monocore 22LR can and I like the raw titanium finish