• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMC Triggers.. 308AR?

HairyDemon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Did a search and couldn't really find anything about them. They seem to be mid-field priced drop in triggers. I was wondering if anyone had used them in an AR-10 setup. I have a new Sun devil (DPMS pattern) Receiver set I was thinking about using one on. Saw my local ffl had a few in-stock and they come with anti walk pins. Checked out their site and they do cater specifically to LE/Military and I would like to try out one of thier flat triggers, and a 3.5# pull weight would match the JP setups in my .223 guns. I am just seeing who has used them good or bad.

Just thought I would mention because it is important on top of their support for military/LE. They are made in the great state of Texas.

-Hairy

Last edited:
I have both the flat and curved triggers in 5.56/.223 setups. They are g2g.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I had a "flat" 3.5lb CMC in an Armalite AR-10T many, MANY years ago not long after they were first intro'd and had issues with it doubling for no apparent reason. I knew it wasn't an issue of proper trigger control/follow-through, so I contacted CMC and they were very easy to deal with and they replaced the trigger at no cost to me. I sold it after I got the new one in hand before ever installing it as I never could put any faith in it after that. Might have been an isolated issue...might not have been. Just my experiences/observations. I have not tried any of their offerings since for a large-frame AR, but I have run them in various 5.56/.223 ARs from time to time and they seem to work 100% and as advertised in terms of pull weights/crispness/etc.

For a single-stage AR trigger...if you are insistent on going that route...I'd personally opt for a JP or a Timney as both have a proven track record in the large-frame ARs and are from companies with an excellent commitment to customer service before and after the sale.

I have the Timney 3# and its an amazing trigger, never used a CMC.

I had a "flat" 3.5lb CMC in an Armalite AR-10T many, MANY years ago not long after they were first intro'd and had issues with it doubling for no apparent reason. I knew it wasn't an issue of proper trigger control/follow-through, so I contacted CMC and they were very easy to deal with and they replaced the trigger at no cost to me. I sold it after I got the new one in hand before ever installing it as I never could put any faith in it after that. Might have been an isolated issue...might not have been. Just my experiences/observations. I have not tried any of their offerings since for a large-frame AR, but I have run them in various 5.56/.223 ARs from time to time and they seem to work 100% and as advertised in terms of pull weights/crispness/etc.

For a single-stage AR trigger...if you are insistent on going that route...I'd personally opt for a JP or a Timney as both have a proven track record in the large-frame ARs and are from companies with an excellent commitment to customer service before and after the sale.

As much as I like my CMC (used in .223 and it did need to be fixed at the factory), the JP EZ trigger has just been dropped to $200 retail. At that price, the JP EZ is easier to swallow and I do like my JP (not EZ but the gunsmith fit installed by JP) a bit more than the CMC. Get the JP and be happy.

Two of my ar's have a cmc flat and my new 308 AR has a curved cmc. I love them, great crisp break very short reset. I have shot a ton of aftermarket triggers and the cmc is my favorite bar none. It's also made in Texas and I prefer to support my country err I mean state lol.

I use a CMC flat trigger in my .308. I don't have a lot of time behind that rifle yet, but I am thinking about changing it out to a two stage trigger. That being said, I have three other CMC flat triggers that I use in carbines and I love them. I don't use their oversized pins. I use KNS anti rotation pins instead.