• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMMG 308 Lower, DPMS LR-308 Upper, good marriage?

HotIce

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2006
USA
Thanks to CA fine regulations, I have to split my awesome LR-308, and replace the lower with OOL receiver, which I thought CMMG be the netural choice.
Anyone has them joined?
How the fit and finish differences among the two?

Also, if anyone wants to do a trade between DPMS and CMMG 308 lowers, drop me a line.

Re: CMMG 308 Lower, DPMS LR-308 Upper, good marriage?

for the cost of a lower, can you store one with someone or will you be there 4ever? my DPMS to DPMS fit was/is crappy, lol.

The fit was pretty good and the finish matched pretty well. When you removed the rear receiver pin the upper would only come open about 4 inches from the lower. Enough to clean it. there was actually less rattle between the receivers than the dpms upper and lower combo.

I have 2 CMMG 308 Lowers. One is mated to an LR308 Upper and the fit is nice and tight and the finish matches well. The other one is the CMMG 308 lower that accepts HK G-3 Mags mated to a JD Machine Upper and the fit is on the sloppy side. Finish is clearly different. The upper is alot darker than the lower.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for the cost of a lower, can you store one with someone or will you be there 4ever? my DPMS to DPMS fit was/is crappy, lol. </div></div>
Have two options. Leave the lower to a friend here in the freer state, and buy a CMMG, or trade.
Will probably end up being the former, given time constraints.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Match308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 2 CMMG 308 Lowers. One is mated to an LR308 Upper and the fit is nice and tight and the finish matches well. The other one is the CMMG 308 lower that accepts HK G-3 Mags mated to a JD Machine Upper and the fit is on the sloppy side. Finish is clearly different. The upper is alot darker than the lower. </div></div>
OK, so it was the one that accept G3 mags which has sloppy fit and finish matching.
I read something about that online, but it wasn't that clear to what posts were referring to.

Correct. The G3 type is the sloppy one. Its not crazy slop, but I like 'em tight. I like to need a tool to tap the pins out for disassembly.

Mine's good. Go for it.

Uh oh, has anyone heard/tried of these guys?
They come pretty cheap and finish and machining looks nice:

Tactical Machining TM-10

372_247-308-lower-final.jpg

490_345-308-lower-2.jpg

490_345-308-lower-3.jpg