• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CMMG 9mm Ejector adjustment?

TV66

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Anybody adjusted a CMMG dedicated 9mm lower ejector? I've used a Hahn block till now and it ran fine but it lookes like I need to raise the CMMG ejector as it's barely marked with brass and failes to eject pretty often. Thanks

Re: CMMG 9mm Ejector adjustment?

Check the ejector's position in relation to the bolt carrier. It should damn near be touching the carrier. If the ejector is not all the way up in that groove that it rides in, there just isn't much material on the ejector to contact the rim of the case. If that is the case and it isn't extremely close to the carrier, it will routinely miss the case and jam. You should be able to adjust up/down with the set screw holding the ejector (I think), or you can gently bend the ejector up (and/or right or left if needed) until it is closer to the carrier and centered in the groove it rides in.

Thanks ORD, it's like you said, it's to low in the bolt slot. It's got a roll pin in it thru the receiver, I can't tell if there is a set screw up in the that little hole from the bottom or not. I'll have to look closer. Thanks again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TV66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks ORD, it's like you said, it's to low in the bolt slot. It's got a roll pin in it thru the receiver, I can't tell if there is a set screw up in the that little hole from the bottom or not. I'll have to look closer. Thanks again </div></div>

I've had my hands of so many @#$% dedicated 9mm lowers lately that I can't recall if the CMMG Mk9 lower has the set screws or if its the RRA dedicated lower. If it has the set screw that allows you to adjust the position of the ejector, go that route first as bending around on the ejector will naturally stress and weaken it somewhat. If not, then you are left with the "grip it and rip it" option of pliers/bending. Either way...it isn't a tough job. Just take your time and go in small increments until you get it where it needs to be.

Good luck!

10-4.Can't get thru to CMMG, was going to check with their techs but they are covered in the hippie ar buying craze I guess. Thank you sir.