• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMMG radial delayed tuning weights...

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
CMMG offers a set of 3 tuning weights for their radial delayed 9mm bolt. Has anyone used them? I assume that using the heaviest weight would slow down the bolt speed. My question is: Does that help anything?

CMMG offers a set of 3 tuning weights for their radial delayed 9mm bolt. Has anyone used them? I assume that using the heaviest weight would slow down the bolt speed. My question is: Does that help anything?
I put together an RDB rifle using an A5 length buffer and with one of the heavier A5 buffers (can't remember but I think in the 6 oz range?) my bolt moves so slow with the can that you can feel the bolt travel and feel it clunk back into battery. It doesn't even cycle without a can. It's a unique shooting rifle and shoots soft but it's a little too slow honestly. I exclusively shoot 147s at around 1k fps. I feel like a standard set up (I've compared it directly to a KP9 many times) while snappier allows more controlled double taps. I haven't played with an adjustable weight system but kinda same principle.

-Dan

I'm putting together an RDB using a BCM buffer tube which is exactly like the A5. I think they have a deal with VLTOR. I'm using a Tubbs flat wire recoil spring, KynShot RB5007 hydraulic buffer, and one of KynShot's 2.5 oz spacer/weights. I'm also using a Hiperfire Elite trigger. I have no idea if this PCC requires a heavy hammer spring but I'm not taking any chances. This trigger will set off anything. I guess I'll play around with the carrier weights. I understand these rifles have problems with ejector spring life.

I got this configuration from https://c3junkie.com This guy did a great deal of research into the CMMG RDB and came up with using the A5 length tube, hydraulic buffer, and some other details. I'm just going to follow his recipe. I normally wouldn't run a hydraulic buffer of any kind but...works...works. So I'll try it. The the only thing not in the recipe was the bolt carrier tuning weights.