• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMMMG Upper

operatorj

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2009
Heltonville ,Indiana
I was thinking of getting a CMMG complete upper for my next build and was wondering if anyone had any experiance with them. I was trying to decide between a M4 style or a mid length for a patrol rifle.

Re: CMMMG Upper

I have a CMMG lightweight 14.5" upper (with pinned brake.) It's been nothing but reliable and accurate for me. I think that you'll find the vast majority of people are very happy with their CMMG uppers, though there are people who have had issues with theirs.

CMMG had a bad batch of barrels a few years ago and they made it right with the customers. I have bought several uppers from them in the last 8 months with the quality as high as ever.

They will be shipping an 11.5" complete upper to me today.

I like working with John and Jeff Overstreet and over the last 7 or so years they have been very good to work with.

If I got in a bad part, I am confident they would make it right.

My .02,
Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

I think Im the only soul that has had problems with them and will not use them and cannot reccomend them to anybody.

Ren,

May I ask what the problem is? I am curious. I know my experiences are limited but they have always been positive.

Thanks,
Darin

Darin,

I bought the med con barrel that had a tight chamber... it kept popping primers out... I could pretty much get it to do it at will... by running 10 or more rounds pretty rapidly through it. I sent it back,,, they said nothing was wrong with it and sent it back to me. I tried again and the same thing... still popping primers... so finally they re-funded me my money. Really no big deal other than a super pain in the rear. Can everybody make a lemon now and again... absolutely.... but....There are just too many choices out there to deal with that. With LMT, Sabre, Colt, and some of the custom builders like Denny at Global tactical being at the top of my list now.

Hope that helps.
Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks for sharing the details. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I haven't heard about that from any of my customers. We will see how this 11.5" works next week.

Take care,
Darin

Thanks again you guys have come though for me. I still got to decide between a M4 and a mid length. Do any of you have any opinions one way or the other. I have heard that the mid length can be alittle more reliable but I also have had many M4 styles and had no problems with them. But i am also more of a keep it simple kind of guy.

I got one of the CMMG bargain bin rifles a while back and it was just as good as any other AR I ever owned. I wish I would have bought 5 or 6 and socked them away. They were DIRT cheap. I have since traded it off but I would not hesitate to buy another CMMG.