• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMP 40X Status Thread

AJBello

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2008
Salem, OR
Since there seems to be many of us who got in on the CMP 40X's, how about a thread similar to the "Suppressor Wait Time" thread? List the applicable dates for your order and update your post as time goes by. Even a pic when the big day comes!
grin.gif
Hopefully this will keep us all better informed as the process goes along.

Items ordered: (1) 40X Heavy Barrel (complete rifle)
eStore order: 12/06/09
Paperwork sent: 12/08/09 (Priority Mail)
Paperwork delivered: 12/10/09
"DBU" email received: 12/14/09
Shipping notice received: 01/15/10
Delivered: 01/18/10

***Post-Delivery***
Action type (722 / 700): 700
Overall condition: Excellent!
Pic:
40X3.jpg

Link to My 40X thread: My CMP 40XHB

Re: CMP 40X Status Thread

eStore order: 12/04/09
Paperwork sent: 12/08/09 (Priority Mail)
"DBU" email received: 12/12/09
Status Changed to Shipped: 1/20/10
Shipping notice received: 1/20/10
Delivered: 1/21/10 1027 hrs

***Post-Delivery***
Overall condition: Fair, Metal is all good. Trigger pull is about 4.5lbs. A beaver attacked the stock. Most of the spots will steam out but the bad ones are missing wood. I will probably clean it up as best I can.

Barrel code: WELB has it born on 10/64 I think

Pic:

100_4957.jpg

100_4958.jpg

100_4959.jpg

100_4960.jpg

100_4961.jpg

100_4963.jpg

100_4964.jpg

100_4965.jpg

100_4970.jpg

Items Ordered: (1) 40x Heavy Barrel (complete rifle)
estore order: 12/04/09
Paperwork sent: 12/04/09 (regular mail)
Paperwork delivered: 12/08/09
DBU email received: 12/17/09 (no email but did talk to them and paperwork is in and order is being processed.)
Shipping notice received: 12/29/09
Delivered: 12/30/09

***Post-Delivery***
Action type: 700 U.S. marked
Overall condition: Metal is in excellent shape, some scratches and dings in wood with a "#3" on left side of stock above trigger and at front on bottom (just in front of rail)
Pic:
IMG_1282.jpg

eStore order: 12/02/09
Paperwork sent: 12/08/09 (UPS 2nd Day Air)
"DBU" email received: 12/14/09
Shipping notice received: 12/29/09
Delivered: 12/30/09

***Post-Delivery***
Action type (700):
Overall condition: Excellent metal. Light scratches on stock. Matching bolt/action.
Pic:
DSCN0884.jpg

Items Ordered: (1) 40x Heavy Barrel Rifle & (2) USMC Rifles
estore order: 12/02/09
Paperwork sent: 12/04/09 (Priority)
Paperwork delivered: 12/07/09
DBU email received: 12/10/09
Shipping notice received: --/--/--
Delivered: --/--/--

Items Ordered: (2) 40x Heavy Barrel Rifles (one reg, one short)
estore order: 12/03/09 and 12/05/09
Paperwork sent: 12/09/09 (Priority)
DBU email received: 12/14/09
Shipping notice received: 1/14/10 (1st)
Delivered: 1/15/10 (1st)

1@ 40X HB,1@ 40X SB
estore 12/02/09
paperwork sent 12/02/09
" " del. 12/04/09 am
DBU 12/07/ 09, ??

Items ordered: (1) 40X USMC (1) 40X HB SS
Paperwork sent: 12/04/09 (Priority Mail)
Paperwork delivered: 12/07/09
"DBU" email received: 12/09/09
Shipping notice received: ---
Delivered: ---

***Post-Delivery***
Action type (722 / 700): ---
Overall condition: ---
Pic: ---

anyone know about the barreled receivers that are left? I read that they are just the barrel and receiver. What about bolt or trigger? Did anyone happent to call them and find out?

I thougth about buying one, but cant use it without the bolt or trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone know about the barreled receivers that are left? I read that they are just the barrel and receiver. What about bolt or trigger? Did anyone happent to call them and find out?

I thougth about buying one, but cant use it without the bolt or trigger. </div></div>

Yes, I called them. The units are exactly as stated, no other metal in the package, no bolt, no trigger.

Items ordered: (2) 40X HB Barreled Receivers
eStore order: 12/10/09
Paperwork sent: 12/11/09
"DBU" email received: 12/16/09

***Post-Delivery***

Sorry I missed out on a complete rifle
frown.gif
Hoping PT&G will make a run on 40x bolts this spring!

Items ordered: (1) 40X Standard Barrel (complete rifle)
Paperwork sent: 12/03/09 (Priority/Certified Mail)
Paperwork delivered: 12/9/09
"DBU" email received: 12/12/09
Shipping notice received: 12/31/09
Delivered: 1/4/09

***Post-Delivery***
Action type (722 / 700): 722
Overall condition: Highly polished stock, nicks and dings, blued action and barrel, no rust, some scratches.. overall VG

Items ordered: 1 40x HB shortened stock
Paperwork sent: 12/03/09
Paperwork delivered:
"DBU" email received: 12/09/09
Shipping notice received: 12/28
Delivered: 12/29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**CC charged 12-21

***Post-Delivery***
Overall condition: chamber, crown and bore look very, very nice. stock is beat up and has been modified but is still totally usable....I will probably try and sell it.... Number electro-penciled into bolt doesn't match reciever.....not sure what that even means if anything after 40-60yrs of service and rebuilds ect.
Pic:
IMG_0427.jpg

more info in a new thread Too!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81STFACP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone know about the barreled receivers that are left? I read that they are just the barrel and receiver. What about bolt or trigger? Did anyone happent to call them and find out?

I thougth about buying one, but cant use it without the bolt or trigger. </div></div>

Yes, I called them. The units are exactly as stated, no other metal in the package, no bolt, no trigger.

</div></div>

thanks for the info.

Paperwork sent: 12/11/09
Paperwork delivered: 12/12/09
"DBU" email received: 12/16/09

***Post-Delivery***

What is "DBU"?

eStore order: 12/04/09
Paperwork sent: 12/16/09
Paperwork delivered:
"DBU" email received: 12/21/09
Shipping notice received: 01/15/10
Delivered: 01/18/10

***Post-Delivery***
Overall condition: metal excellent shape, wood only has a few beauty marks, bolt matches reciever woohoo!

cc was charged 12-21. I added that to my info. I think that might be the best "countdown starter"......course don't know how long the count is!!!

Gotta start looking for a stock now. Maybe santa has an A5 he doesn't want

As of 21 December my balances show Paid in full, ie. $0.00. Yesterday the 22nd, my orders show processing with a note stating shipping in 7-14 days. Its going to be a long 14 days.....

Looks like guys over on RFC are getting them in!!!!!

Mine is in the shipping department waiting to go out, not sure if that'll be a 2 day or 2 week wait, but hey it's getting close
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine shipped today, getting it tomorrow !!!!!! </div></div>

MINE IS TOO!!!!

what are you're plans???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is in the shipping department waiting to go out, not sure if that'll be a 2 day or 2 week wait, but hey it's getting close
laugh.gif
</div></div>

How do you guys know that? Did they email you?

-Slice

I just got a email today from the CMP showing they charged the credit card. My Estore now shows they will ship within 30 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HomeSlice</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is in the shipping department waiting to go out, not sure if that'll be a 2 day or 2 week wait, but hey it's getting close
laugh.gif
</div></div>

How do you guys know that? Did they email you?

-Slice
</div></div>

I'm impatient, actually there was a note about "waiting for ppwrk" in my order status so I emailed to verify they had what was needed, she said yes and it was in shipping.

You'll get an email with tracking number when it ships they said.

Interesting. I never received an email from shipping however I went and checked my pending order this morning and read that it had shipped this morning and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow morning.

Excitement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HA HA!! Me too....just checked and it's shipping today, arriving tomorrow!! SWEET!! </div></div>

Same here. That's 26 days total from reserving online to my door (assuming it arrives on schedule)...

Ditto... My USMC arrives in the morning. My SS Heavy and sights hasn't shipped yet. Pics will be posted when I am home again.
Way to go CMP for the fast processing.

STS

Emailed this morning for the USMC delivery today. Another email received a few minutes ago with tracking numbers for the SS HB and my sights. Delivery for these two set for 31 December.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HA HA!! Me too....just checked and it's shipping today, arriving tomorrow!! SWEET!!</div></div>

The wife called about 10am, FedEx had a box that required her signature.
smile.gif

I'm looking forward to getting home!!

I couldn't be any happier with my 40X HB. The metal is in excellent shape and I was able to land a matching bolt/action. The wood has light scratches with no large dings or scrapes. I can't locate the camera at this moment however once I do I'll be sure to add some photos. It's a beautiful rifle.

Man I'm jealous. I ordered mine on 12/6 online. I had a confirmation email on 12/15 that all of my paperwork was good to go.

My credit card hasn't been charged yet either
frown.gif

Edit: Oh snap! My CC was charged on 12/29 and just hadn't posted to my account. Sweeeeet!

I bet my apartment complex freaks out when they deliver a firearm to the front desk. LOL.

EDIT 2:

eStore order: 12/06/09
Paperwork sent: 12/09/09 (Priority Mail)
Paperwork delivered: 12/11/09
"DBU" email received: ?? No idea what this is
Shipping notice received: 1/15/09
Delivered: 1/18/09

***Post-Delivery***

Got home to the notice on the door. It said I could pick it up after 6 so I had to wait for almost 2hrs before running down the street to pick it up (FedEx hub is less than 5min from my house). Like the Garand a few years ago, the 40X is in better shape than I was expecting. The metal looks almost new. Some minor scratches, dings, and a painted #3 on the stock but it should clean up nicely.

Well they charged my credit card but the status says " Hold Order - Rilfe Order - Need documents before shipping." All my paperwork went in weeks ago. Not sure what is going on.

EDIT - got a response from CMP. My paperwork is done. I'm in queue for shipping. Screen will be updated when they ship.

It says "Pending" but my card was charged a week ago, so we should be getting close. It looks like I got my paperwork in about the same time as guys who are getting their rifles!

If mine looks as good as MHill's does in his photo I may end up taking it to bed with me.
wink.gif

I really do need to get a base and some 30mm rings so I can take it out and shoot it when it gets here.

Gents,

I just got my first look see of my USMC 40X from the CMP. I can't get you all photos tonight, but here is a run down.

Wood is excellent. Has adjustable LOP. Three sight blocks. Matching bolt serial number. Crown is perfect. Action looks as new. Barrel has a few scratches and one very fresh minor gauge. It is about 1/8" about mid length at the 10 O'clock position. Here is the best part.... According to Don in SC's post,

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1525675&gonew=1#UNREAD

Mine was born in......Now get this.....July, 1937. Codes O and F.

The SS HB and sights arrive tomorrow, but I'll be in DC. I get photos posted of them all when I return.

Happy New Year!!!

STS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents,

I just got my first look see of my USMC 40X from the CMP. I can't get you all photos tonight, but here is a run down.

Wood is excellent. Has adjustable LOP. Three sight blocks. Matching bolt serial number. Crown is perfect. Action looks as new. Barrel has a few scratches and one very fresh minor gauge. It is about 1/8" about mid length at the 10 O'clock position. Here is the best part.... According to Don in SC's post,

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1525675&gonew=1#UNREAD

The SS HB and sights arrive tomorrow, but I'll be in DC. I get photos posted of them all when I return.

Happy New Year!!!

STS</div></div>
Pretty rare, considering that they weren't made till '54
Look at your code again, the two in the center. IF o and F, should be July of '59
Borg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Borg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents,

Happy New Year!!!

STS</div></div>
Pretty rare, considering that they weren't made till '54
Look at your code again, the two in the center. IF o and F, should be July of '59
Borg</div></div>

Sure shit! Thanks for the schooling
wink.gif

Just delivered. One had the bolt knob sticking out of a hole in the shipping box....never a good sign!! But both rifles are nice.....nothing extraordinary either way, just two solid rifles in pretty nice shape. One has a matching bolt the other doesn't. Metal is pretty nice on both with the usual nicks and spots of thin blue, but overall nice. Stocks have the usual assortment of small dings, but no dreaded beaver damage or chunks missing!!

sb40x1.jpg

sb40x2.jpg

Recieved my HB today and am very satisfied. Matching bolt, nice stock, good bluing, nice crown. I am really sad that it looks like I may have to sell it though...

Rifle was not sold FYI. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Midodgeguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Recieved my HB today and am very satisfied. Matching bolt, nice stock, good bluing, nice crown. I am really sad that it looks like I may have to sell it though.... </div></div>

Hmmmm