• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMP gives a status report on the 40X rifles.

sheldon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2004
La Puente, Ca.
Orest Micheals mentioned, on a post on the CMP site, that of the 800 40X rimfire rifles checked <span style="font-weight: bold">600</span> of them are just barreled actions with standard sized barrels. I guess the 200 complete rifles will go <span style="font-weight: bold">FAST</span>!!! He didn't specify how complete or incomplete those barreled actions are. I wonder if they have bolts and trigger groups? This computer doesn't allow me to go to their site so I can't link the post, but I will try to later.....

Re: CMP gives a status report on the 40X rifles.

Actually...the thread does NOT say barreled actions...it says "barreled receivers (standard barrels)" which I take to mean only receiver + barrel (minus triggers, bolts, etc.). Not sure, but that's just my impression. Here is a link to the thread:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=42818

No bolts, triggers etc. My guess is between mismatched bolts etc many/most have headspace issues so CMP pretty much relieves themselves of any liability by stripping them completely down. If they cannot sell them as complete rifles with safe/correct headspace they will sell them so well stripped that if anything ended up in litigation from customer adding their own parts or making them it would be very apparent that the customer went to 'extreme' lengths to make the assembly actually fire.

Just my .02 opinion!

If only 200 complete rifles go up for sale...... I'm thinking the CMP will auction them off online! At least the usmc rifles.....

The last time they sent out emails with a heads up on what day and time you could order the 40x they went fast. Seem like they sold out in 6 hours.