• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMP long range shoot

cuirc

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Nov 8, 2023
    Poughkeepsie n. y.
    This is the content of an email from the CMP about their new Long Range Shoot At their Ohio facility:

Hi,Please find a link attached to an article and there a link in there where you can register for the match if you’d like.

https://thecmp.org/cmp-offers-long-...ian Marksmanship Program (CMP,-Open and F T/R.

Note: This is a 1000 yd match with electronic targets but it is restricted to rifles not large than 30 caliber. However any one planning to use something more powerful than a 308 of 30-06 probably shoule clarify what wan be used.

They are trying to develop a 1000 yd program which I think could only benefit ELR shooters by getting more interest in long rang.

Thanks. I plan to attend in registration process now going to bring my 11 year old granddaughter she shoots a 40-X in 223 and I will have an m-24 they restrict this match to 30 cal due to noise don't know about the future . So, I have to leave the 338LM home.
    Have a good day