• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cmp tenx eley ammo

camelback

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2006
ky
Cmp has tenx eley ammo for sale $95.00 for case! Thats good dael.

Re: cmp tenx eley ammo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbpilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cmp has tenx eley ammo for sale $95.00 for case! Thats good dael. </div></div>

I don't think so on several counts.

One, a case is 5k rounds. they are not selling a case of anything for $95.

Two, they are advertising this as ammo using the EPS bullet but are not specific as to what grade the ammo is. EPS bullet ammo comes in 3 grades - team, black, and red. Technically it is all the same ammo coming off the same machines, just accuracy graded differently. I've got Team in my possession that I paid much less for than $950/case.

Three, and the most telling thing about it, is the advertised velocity of 1085 FPS. From what I know about EPS grading, that would be a difficult to sell lot because the velocity is too high. In the past this may have gotten re-branded as EPS Semi-Auto for pistol use; not sure why they did not with this lot. Maybe too small of a lot or something.

I guess if it shoots in your rifle, great, but the fastest lot of EPS I own is 1077 FPS and it raises a few eyebrows when people see that on the end of my boxes at the range.

$95 for a box 500 midway eley 10x fps. 1085

$95 a brick is a helluva deal. I pay $101 for Eley Match and if I bought Tenex, it would probably be around $135. Usually, my gun likes the slower ammo better (around 1060 fps), but my current ammo is 1080 fps, so it makes sense to test it out.

Why would that velocity be an issue for rifle ammo? Would think it would give a slightly flater trajectory and better accuracy; but then again I don't deal that much with 22LR as of yet. thanks, Dale.

Velocity is used by many as their rifles have a certain sweet spot.

Here is Tenex speeds by lot number and machines.

LOT# VELOCITY QUANTITY (BOXES)
MACHINE 1 1086 1071 5
1113 1072 25

MACHINE 2
2035 1072 71
2040 1069 56
2043 1070 70
2046 1073 1
2053 1071 8

MACHINE 3
3094 1067 4

MACHINE 4
4092 1067 13
4095 1067 8
4118 1080 37

MACHINE 5
5087 1073 78
5093 1072 1
5094 1072 92
5100 1073
The 1085 FPS second is in Eley's test rifles or machines they use.THis is on an average they use in the advertising and in different lots it will vary.Notice not one lot is at the 1080fps

This is Eley's Data

Bullet weight: Profile: Lubricant:
2.59 grams Flat Nose Beeswax Tallow
40 grains
Velocity: Energy:
Muzzle: 331 (m/sec) 1085 (ft/sec) Muzzle: 14.5 (Kg.m) 105 (ft.lb)
50m /50yds: 303 (m/sec) 994 (ft/sec) 50m /50 yds: 12.1 (Kg.m) 88 (ft.lb)
91m /100 yds: 285 (m/sec) 935 (ft/sec) 91m /100 yds: 10.7 (Kg.m) 78 (ft.lb)

So I would say it's a great deal if your rifle likes it

I called someone I know that works at the CMP south store.
I was told the ammo will not be forsale at the store. He did go back into the warehouse and check and this is Red Box Tenex. I ordered 10 bricks and the estore added the shipping for each brick. Not sure if I will get 10 seperate boxes or one but plan on calling tomorrow to see if the shipping will be 89.50 for it or not. It's still a hell of a deal as most places sell this ammo for about 1500 a case of 5000 ( ten bricks ).

Donald

Orest just posted on the CMP forum that there's only 50 or so bricks left of the Tenex ammo. It will be gone before the end of tonight most likely. JFYI.

Donald

Question, I was able to get one of the 40X's, do I need to do anything else to get the ammmo shipped?

thanks

You have to go to the CMP Web sight and then go to the Estore. You will need to register for a new account through the estore as it's not run like the mail order side. Your club membership and other info however is still good I think for like six months at a time. So after you get your new account set up your done and can purchase from the on line store. You do have to log in every time you visit and there's a user agreement you have to click yes to now and that will direct you back to the store. SAve your user name and pass word just like anything else.

did anyone get the email from the CMP regarding the mixed up ammo description,

any thoughts.

thanks
dgwelsh

Yep, It's still red box Tenex. It's just the older style round nose insteed of the flat nose with a nipple. I stopped buying Eley when the flat nose came out because it shoots like shit in my rifles. I really liked the round nose stuff so this is all good news for me. Some others that have had thier rifles chambered for the new flat nose are screwed. The new ammo has an extra driving band and their chambers are goining to be deeper than older rifles and the old ammo just will not shoot very well because of that. This stuff is great ammo for a 40X or Winchester 52.

Donald