• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMP Wait Time

N2DADARK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
Took a bet with the wife about how long it will take for my CMP M1 to come in, I just dropped off the paper work to the post office today, any thoughts from past experiences

Re: CMP Wait Time

A long damn time to get my Winchester!

Not so long for the HR.

I'll go with the 3 week guess. They don't have any exotic stuff their releasing right now that clogs up the system.

Nothing near the backlog they had with they released the M1C/D sniper equipment.

Two to three weeks sounds about right.

Well she guessed the 4th and I guessed the 14th, so its going to be a close one. Person who gets closest gets first clip thru it and dinner on the other person. I ordered a service grade springfield so I'm hoping the 3-4 weeks is right on the money. Thanks fella's

I droped my paperwork in the mail for a service grade about a week ago and got an email confirmation that they recieved it yesterday, but no shipping ESD as of yet.

10 hr drive to the North Store. 2 hr flight to the South Store. To hell with the wait
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 303_enfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10 hr drive to the North Store. 2 hr flight to the South Store. To hell with the wait
smile.gif
</div></div>

Yeah but I dont feel like paying 2 times the amount because I was impatient, plus the wait makes it all the better when it dose come in.

I agree, I'm a cheap bastard....but if you ever get the chance to go to one of the stores do it. I made a road trip to the south store five years ago. It is very cool to walk in there and see racks and racks of M1 Garands (and whatever else they have at the time) just waiting for you to pick them over. I walked out with a Garand, a 1903A1, a 1917 Eddystone, and a case of .30-06 (and a smoking credit card
shocked.gif
).

I was looking into ammo options how was it?

Here is something to think about. You either are going to pay shipping or your're going to pay sales tax.

If you oder the the rifle, you don't pay the sales tax. The sales tax for both Ohio and Alabama is higher then the shipping fee.

There is away about this if you want to "pick out your rifle". At both stores you can pick your rifle, pay for it, and have them ship it. You can save a bit on the sales tax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N2DADARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was looking into ammo options how was it? </div></div>

It was Greek HXP in the en bloc clips, good stuff. The CMP currently has only the HXP loose now. I never had any problems with it and I never had any rounds that had any discoloration or corrosion as pictured on the CMP site. I've found that the CMP always gives you the worst case scenario when it comes to describing an item. I also bought Lake City from the CMP when they had it, also good stuff but the HXP is very comparable.

I've been finding greek ammo from other sources as well as Lake City, I was kind of worried with the greek but that makes me feel a bit better, +more enbloc's is always a good thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Olivers_AR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">App sent 1/6 regular mail
Entered into the system 1/12
Email 1/19 with customer number</div></div>

App Sent 1/18
Est. Arrival Date 1/23

Paper work arrived at 1/21......now the itching commences.

Okay should I be worried I haven't heard from anyone for almost a week now?

I purchased an M1 Garand in May of last year. Fortunately for me, the CMP is only 1.5hours drive each way for me,so I cannot share a wait timeline. I did order some ammo online, but that was straight from the e-store. By this time, I had already made my road trip, so all of my info was on file.

Like a dumass I let my Garand go due to some bills that needed tending to, but as of right now, I am planning a trip back to get my second M1 Garand. The whole family (including my wife) is palnning to go with me. The date is February 4th.

Here is video I shot from my first trip to the CMP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yib92PptFzE&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-8olcggNwk&feature=relmfu

What ever you end up with, hold on to it... find some other way to pay those pesky bills...

Just recieved a CMP confirmation email that my order has shipped and will be delievered on 1 FEB. I will post pics of my CMP Service grade when I get it!

I ordered a Springfield special service grade last summer and it took less than three weeks. I don't know why but they even shipped it to me Fedex overnight. Maybe that was my karma paying off.

Now you can start acquiring a few extras for it! While most of them come in better shape than CMP (being conservative) describes them, it's a good idea to have a spare op-rod spring. Go to http://www.m1garand.com/store/m1_garand_spares_kits.html#57 and consider getting at least the spring kit and if you can the expanded kit. You'll keep that rifle operational for your grandkids.

The one other thing I ever got was a NIW gas cylinder. My reasoning for that is that once the interior of the cylinder wears out, it can't be refinished. You can have the button on the op-rod replaced and maybe get it oversized.

At least CMP seems to be pretty serious about keeping the Criterion (Krieger) barrels in stock.

The first rifle I ordered took about three months to get fulfilled. It was back in 2006 or so when they said they were out and weren't going to be able to get any more, and I ordered a service grade and apparently they couldn't find any, so I ended up changing my order for a field grade and it came about a month after I called. I stupidly ended up selling it to fund an AR build, so when they got more in about a year or so later I ordered another, which took less than a month to be fulfilled. Not sure how long my M1 Carbine order in 2009 took since I sent it in from Iraq about four months before I got home and it was waiting for me in my dad's garage.

I ordered a SA Service Grade, I sent an e-mail today. I dont get out of work until just about an hour before they close then I set on hold for the remaining hour they are open until they close. I still haven't heard anything from them is why and the paperwork was delivered (according to USPS) the 21st so yeah, if I do get a hold of someone on the phone I will be sure to let them know about the delema I've had so far. Before you all jump all over me I am taking into consideration everything I can ( I've worked for the Government....), I know how paperwork flows. My major complaint is I some how am ALWAYS CALLER #5 for the entire hour I set on hold. Im being patient and hurrying and waiting fella's........

If you get the email about customer number, you can start tracking it there. Expect about 10-14 days to initial email, than they cash check and than processing app email.

ETA: Just bought an adjustable gas plug on another site
smile.gif

My SA Service Grade M1 from the CMP arrived today via FedEx!
Serial Range - 5477XXX
Muzzle reading - 1
Throat Reading - 2
Rifle Grade - G3-SA

I am truely ecstatic on my first experience with CMP and will be adding another M1 to not only my collection but for each of my sons as well!

SAM1.jpg

SAM12.jpg

Nice rifle, congrats! That really makes me want to order another one...they're going to run out eventually.

I have two CMP Garands and two sons, I guess it's time to buy myself one!

WoW, I cant wait. The wife called today talked to someone at customer support, they "are week behind due to a death in the company." Im not sure what the circumstances were behind it all but its never a pleasant thing to hear happening. I also received an e-mail stating about the same, so looks like were adding another week to the wait.......ichy ichy...... I hope they pick out a good one fore me.....

Now that I look back USGILT, my paper work got there the day of the 19th and you are already holding your rifle. Something tells me I got screwed over on this, I mean I don't even have a confirmation e-mail, something smells of bullshit in my area....

I know its frustrating but give CMP the opertunity to make it right I have no doubt that they will. They process everything in the order they recieve it and lets face it CMP is not around to make money but to sustain the shooting program so they do not have highly advanced automated systems. Its possible that your order is under the mountain of other orders and they just haven't gotten to it yet. Keep the faith it will be worth it in the end!

Update!

Just got the e-mail today saying that my order was received the 23rd of Jan. Just the basic "check this and that to view your order, and people in front of you have priority....." So I checked it and no information on it yet. Some news is good news, Ill keep posting.

Great news you're in the system, most likely a week or two away!

Nothing will show up in the system until you go pending and than next update will be shipping info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N2DADARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Update!

Just got the e-mail today saying that my order was received the 23rd of Jan. Just the basic "check this and that to view your order, and people in front of you have priority....." So I checked it and no information on it yet. Some news is good news, Ill keep posting. </div></div>

Okay were going on 22 days from "date order recieved" but in actuality its 26 days from when it arrived. Its making me mad looking at your guy's week long confessionals and you sent it "Snail Mail," and my shit went out first class 2 day..... WTF I'm running out of hair to pull.

You guys are getting them pretty quick. I ordered one about 4 years ago and it took 4 months to get it. It was worth the wait.

Yeah my wife got tired of me complaining about it so she called this week, tuesday I think, well after 2 hours on hold she got thru and then they called her back after some inquary and that day they had placed the order. It got approved thursday and sent out friday next day...... yeah so now it says monday..... but monday is a holiday.... so looks like its going to be a few more days until mine gets here, that will be about 40 days i think

I stopped by CMP south in Anniston yesterday. The had a better than normal selection of service grade M1's in stock. Also good selection of P-17s. If you are close it is a good opportunity to get a great rifle. Also they had one M1C no scope or mount

Yeah Im hoping mines a good one, tomorrows the day, be sure for a bunch of pics when it arrives, I know its not a Sniper but not too many of the people on here look in this board so another M1 wouldn't hurt too much, maybe it will be a new Show Us your M1 file haha..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRAGON64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and the pics are forthcoming... when?</div></div>

+1

I have been watching the CMP forum since I recently placed an order, also. The wait time now is running around 30 days from receipt of order to shipping.

While we wait for N2DADARK's pics to arrive... I was finally able to find the time to shoot my Springfield M1 that I picked up earlier this month at the CMP South Store. Here is a little video I managed of the outing. Included in the video is my Widener's Special Yugoslavian M48...

http://youtu.be/A4BrmbT0qOY

I am no marksman, as you will see at the end of the video, but these old M1 Garands are just a bunch of fun to shoot...

Okay so here it is, in from CMP. I did a little looking and the reciever is around 1954. CMp replaced the stock (would have like to have to old one for shits and giggles) , the trigger assy. is around the same time frame as well. There is hardly any wear on any metal what so ever, no digs or scratches, just wear on things like the sight hoods and bayonet lug. The rifling is freaking outstanding, its like new! The metal looks a little miss matched in the photo's but in person you cannot tell if they are or not, its that nice. I took a little grease on some parts and the thing is running smooth as silk. There is a little packing grease on the trigger but a little TLC will get rid of it. All in all its a great rifle, the thing fits so tight in the stock its like it was bedded in there, I have to take a wooden spoon and tap it from the bottom out just to take it off, so I cant wait to shoot it. I picked up some ammo from cheaper than dirt and hope to shoot this weekend. Ask me any questions and Ill be more then glad to take it out and drool over it some more. Enjoy

100_1746.jpg

100_1743.jpg

100_1748.jpg

100_1756.jpg

100_1754.jpg

100_1744.jpg

100_1760.jpg

100_1761.jpg

100_1764.jpg

Just do what I did and bug the crap out of your wife until she calls them asking them to make you stop, or you call them...