• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater CNBC "Report" on the Rem 700

Bunnyblaster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Southern IL
Did anyone watch this whole thing? I only got a couple minutes in it before I changed the channel. Started to get pissed. They were trying to make the point that the 700 had a dangerous design flaw in the safety.

Started out with a mom that accidentally shot her kid. Yeah, thats a bad deal, but when it comes down to it she didn't have the rifle pointed in a safe direction! What pissed me off is they tried to make it sound like she did! Since when is point your rifle at your horse trailer safe?

Re: CNBC "Report" on the Rem 700

Thanks. I don't think I've ever watched CNBC before, but I was bored channel surfing in the hotel last night. Didn't know that happened in Vegas. Must have been a re-run.

The safety does not block the firing pin.
A piece of shit design.

One key reason I no longer own Rem 700 rifles.

Sure, "don't point muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy" commandment applies. But, the trigger can fail and then an accident that could not have occurred with another rifle has fucked up your life...

It is dysfunctional to rationalize that the 700 safety design is not defective.

As if the story, as presented, is completely honest...No trigger adjustments? No lack of maintenance? No neglect, damage or other lack of due diligence by the rifle owners?

Just trying to think of all the other rifle, shotgun and pistols that have safeties that do not block the firing pin...Or strikers...or hammers...

Take Winchester, Mauser and Ruger wing safeties out of the equation and the list still seems pretty long.

Let's remember what the real agenda is with this story and remember who our friends are.

NBC doesn't give the first fuck about gun owners rights and I have no doubt that ruining Remington was an objective of this story being aired.