• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

CNC Bullets

Cira

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
What's the general opinion on CNC bullets? I hit the bottom of the powder I was using for my 243 Win hunting rifle and can't find any more so I'm looking to work up a new load. I've been shopping bullets and powders and wondered if I should give CNC bullets a try. I don't shoot a lot of 243, just for hunting so the cost doesn't seem prohibitive to me. Also, the added velocity and BC look attractive to eliminate errors in range estimation and give the maximum punch down range.

I searched but didn't find much other than some comments about the customer service at GSCustom. Any other CNC bullet manufacturers that are recommended?

Re: CNC Bullets

Why for a hunting rig? A CNC bullet is going to be a solid bullet, with a point. The bullet will ice pick through any animal. There are plenty of good .243 bullets on the market to use for long range stuff. The 105 A-max would be great, as well as the Berger VLD's. If you want the highest BC, go the 115 DTAC bullet. You'll need a 1:7" twist for these to work. The CNC route in a hunting .243 is like having a football bat, it doesn't make sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why for a hunting rig? A CNC bullet is going to be a solid bullet, with a point. The bullet will ice pick through any animal. There are plenty of good .243 bullets on the market to use for long range stuff. The 105 A-max would be great, as well as the Berger VLD's. If you want the highest BC, go the 115 DTAC bullet. You'll need a 1:7" twist for these to work. The CNC route in a hunting .243 is like having a football bat, it doesn't make sense. </div></div>

+1 Agreed.. I just dont see the point in this case.

Cool thanks for the responses. Just thought I'd ask. I guess I was drinking too much KoolAid from the CNC manufacturer's web site.

Going to try the Berger VLDs or maybe just stick with the Nosler 95g BTs that I'm using.

Cira,

If you are asking about the GS Customs from South Africa I believe they do have hunting bullets which are CNC made as they are similar to barnes X bullets in look and performance as they have hollow points drilled into them. Hope this helped!