• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision CNVD Mount options?

Keyst0ne

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2017
Are there any alternative mounts for the Eotech/L3 CNVD-LR? The larue mount it comes with latches on the right side which interferes with basically every weapon light and LAM I have. Flipping the mount around on the unit doesn't work because it then contacts the objective housing.

I am willing to trim the mount for clearance but if there are alternatives I could consider first then I'd like to see what's out there.

Rearranging things to accommodate clip-ons was a pain for me, too. They take up a significant amount of real estate. I ended up using strategically placed Modlite switches to get everything to fit, and just mounted the laser and illum on the opposite side. I have the laser switch set at 12 o'clock, tucked in under the tail section of the CNVD, since I don't use it when the clip-on is mounted. The illum switch is mounted at 6 o'clock, so I can hit both switches with a c-clamp grip when the clip-on isn't there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keyst0ne
Thanks! It's hard to believe that Larue didn't make this mount reversible -- it seems like it would have been so easy to do.
IMG20230214235820.jpg
IMG20230214235958.jpg

Reactions: nutation
There, that was easy. Took a little more off than I needed, but a bit of cerakote and it'll look just fine.
IMG20230216230926.jpg

Reactions: nutation