• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Co-Ax or a T-7

Re: Co-Ax or a T-7

Is it April Fools Day....again!!
laugh.gif

I love my T-7 and have never tried a Co-Ax. You'll get people saying that they love both of them....The choice in the end will be yours.

I like the T7 because I reload about 2 or 3 cartridges a lot and not many more, just turning the head one click is super easy, no touching the dies at all.

J

I have both. If I could only have one it would the the Coax. Having both it the best solution. You cant use the Redding instant indicator dies or the Hornady collet bullet pullet in the Coax. The T7 will puke primers all over the floor and allow the primer residue to get on the press. The Coax does not require shell holders.

Both are quality units that will provide years of service.

I have and love my Co-Ax, but the T7 is a great press also, either way you will come out a winner.

Been running a T-7 for a couple years very pleased.Only thing I see is a little head flex.On the turret.

I have 6 presses.... My favorite, hands down is the Co-Ax. If you going for precision, you won't beat it with a T-7 (which I also own)

I don't have numbers in front of me, but I have loaded, with the same care, 10 precision rounds on each press. Run those through a case comparitor and the Co-Ax is the clear winner.

Go with the Co-Ax and buy a T-7 for your other reloading at a later date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdinsd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You cant use the (...) Hornady collet bullet pullet in the Coax. </div></div>

Shhhh! My Hornady collet puller doesn't know it is not supposed to work in a co-ax. If it hears you say something like that, it might decide to quit working in mine.

I've never used the T7, but if I'm not mistaken the current model has a hollow ram and tubing to direct spent primers and debris into a garbage can, etc.

I don't think I would get much out of a turret press. I like my co-ax a lot.

Andy

BTW, I use my Hornady Bullet puller in my Co-ax as well. What is keeping you from using it?

I also have the Co Ax press,I bought it after doing some research,and love it.With the coaxial alignment design,it's a foolproof way of getting perfect alignment everytime.

Sorry to jump in on your thread but I'm in the same spot wanting one of theses presses. My question is about the turret head on the t-7 I have read that there is some play in the turret head. Is it a big deal or not?

Not as far as I am concerned.

Russ is one of the few who have both as far as I know, and he likes the Co-ax better.
I don't doubt his results, but I have no problem keeping runout to a minimum on my T-7. Great press.

They are both good, or there would not be so many positive reviews.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like it is a Co-ax for me, guys. </div></div>
See if you can try one before you purchase. Some folks don't care for its ergonomics. Be sure you're not one of them.

I was using my buddy's Co-Ax all week, the long handle is awkward. We cut it down and then it was very comfortable to use and still had way more than enough force. That short handle with the ball end they sell would be even better.

Re: short, ball handle for co-ax.

I tried it and did not like it. The ball handle tends to force me into the same hand position throughout the stroke, which concentrates stress on the palm of my hand, and gets uncomfortable after a bit. I like the tubular grip of the original handle. My hand starts out on top of the yoke at the beginning of the stroke, and slides out along the length of the handle/grip as the handle is lowered, and I need more leverage. But I seldom get to the end of the handle.

Thanks for the info about shortening the original handle. I've thought about it before, but hadn't decided to cut it off yet. I may go ahead and try it now. If it does not work, I can always buy a replacement handle from Forster.

Andy

Hey Andy, if you want a spare to try, rather than cut down your only one, pm me, I'll get this I'm the mail to ya.