• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coach Gun Advice (12 Gauge)

Douglas-001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2012
50 miles west of Camp Perry
So as I consider what I need to round out the collection, the historical SXS coach gun continues to pop up. I have always wanted to add one to the safe but atypically dragged my feet.....😖....I know that now is probably the worst time to try and sniff out such a shotgun, but I figured some solid advice from members would always help if I stumble across one. Wanted to keep it under $1,000, and exposed hammers would be extra cool unless those are just superfluous...No plans for any cowboy action stuff, would be recreational and something to impress my friends who all quit visiting me many years ago.....🤣...as always I would welcome advice and personal testimony from members.

Doug

Reactions: stefan73
i have an older Rossi Coach Gun. They have been out of production for a long time (had mine around 20 years or longer). Have not really kept up with them but a few years ago there were several companies making them. They are a lot of fun at the range and even more fun to shoot trap with

Doug,

Hickok45 on youtube did some reviews on both Hammer / hammerless side x side 12Ga Coach guns that could be of interest for you, it was informative. Another vid by CZ featured The CZ Hammer 12Ga. Coach Gun with either 18.5" or 20" barrel ( I don't remember which one) fixed Cylinder bore, engraved case hardened frame and lock, nice checkered Turkish Walnut stocks. The CZ Classic has a 30" barrel w/5 chokes. Both looked good, but I don't own either one personally. The vids said about $900. Not sure of todays prices though.

...good luck on your search.

Blunderbuss.jpg

Go old school with a Blunderbuss.

Another vote for the old Rossi hammer coach gun.

We have a few of them in the family.

And yes they are fun to shoot clays with

Stoeger still has coach guns.

I like the double triggers so you can light off both barrels if you wish.