• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Coach/Shooting buddies needed in central Texas

hrwilliams22

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2011
Hill Country, Texas
Hey guys, I'm new to precision long range shooting, and am interested in finding either a coach here in central Texas, or a group of guys I can shoot with who can give me a pointer or two. I've successfully killed many pigs at my ranch at 800+ yards with my 7mm and 300 wsm, but I was just given a Savage 110 BA in .338, and I wanna learn to shoot it lights out at 1000+ yards. I'm young and I know that this kind of accurate shooting takes years of acquired knowledge and skills, but I want to start off on the right track so my (bad) form and problems are not magnified in the future. If anyone has any contacts or is willing to coach here in central Texas, please let me know!

Re: Coach/Shooting buddies needed in central Texas

Take a look at North Texas Rifle Precision. Mr. Ruby is a great shooter, instructor, and a pretty laid back guy as well. He is based in the Dallas area, but his range is a little further south of DFW. He stays very booked on range lessons, but give him a call or email and get on the waiting list. He has a updated calendar on his website with available days. I had a great time with him and learned alot. By the end of the day, I was shooting a small steel plate at 1000yds off the back of a plastic lawn chair, not that big a deal to some, but to consitantly hit the target at 1000 with no bipod, only a lawn chair as a rest was pretty cool. How long you choose to spend with him and to what degree you want to be coached is up to you, but I will tell you it will be money well spent and you'll make a friend that will always be available to give you advice long after your range session is over. I call and txt him all the time bugging him with shit that I need help on.