• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coal rolling asshole gets rolled by state Popo

my tuned up 6.0 POS, i mean PSD would roll coal too easy until i re-geared to 4.56’s. then it cleaned right up. had 37’s with 3.73’s originally

oil burners with tall tires and stock gearing keep the r’s to low.

most of the time excessive smoke was a PITA but did have merit with libtard cars.

Diesels don't spark. They're compression ignition.
Runaways happen when the fuel or oil gets in when it's not supposed to. I've seen bad turbo seals leak into the intake bad enough they ran on their own oil until it ran out and rods took a trip outside.
Well technically the glow plug gets it hot first, then the compression ignition starts.

IMG_0495.jpeg

Diesels don't spark. They're compression ignition.
Runaways happen when the fuel or oil gets in when it's not supposed to. I've seen bad turbo seals leak into the intake bad enough they ran on their own oil until it ran out and rods took a trip outside.
I was referring to a dragster like my example, it’s called dieseling

Wouldn't that be called pre-ignition?
Similar idea but different because the coil is turned off at this point as the ignition is shut off. Its also call cadillacing. Had a 3.0 GM boat engine that was bad about it when hot. Used to shut it off with the prop engaged to stop it.
So is this dieseling or just a shitty e-brake?

That is the noise you would hear when an engine is Dieseling/ Cadillacing.

The idea that the EPA is doing what they are doing because of dudes rolling coal on people. Is about as stupid as dudes who roll coal on people.

You don't think the TV shows doing deletes and everyone rolling coal has anything to do with epa cracking down on shops doing the deletes?

You don't think the TV shows doing deletes and everyone rolling coal has anything to do with epa cracking down on shops doing the deletes?

The EPA specifically pointed towards the behavior posted on social media, as well as the tuner/delete companies' own advertising. It was a dumb enforcement action that I don't support in any way, but traditionally this sort of stuff was kept on the down-low and that contributed to 30+ years of minimal enforcement.

I previously held a negative opinion of Gale Banks, but he was right about what was happening in his industry.

As a former owner of a fairly hot 6.4 and a current tuned 6.0 owner, it's possible to make most traffic maneuvers without excessive smoke. Yeah, older stuff is different, but I don't think that's what we're discussing here.

Once again, none of this should be construed as support for the EPA.

The EPA specifically pointed towards the behavior posted on social media, as well as the tuner/delete companies' own advertising. It was a dumb enforcement action that I don't support in any way, but traditionally this sort of stuff was kept on the down-low and that contributed to 30+ years of minimal enforcement.

I previously held a negative opinion of Gale Banks, but he was right about what was happening in his industry.

As a former owner of a fairly hot 6.4 and a current tuned 6.0 owner, it's possible to make most traffic maneuvers without excessive smoke. Yeah, older stuff is different, but I don't think that's what we're discussing here.

Once again, none of this should be construed as support for the EPA.

You can't do stupid shit for attention and not expect to get it. Whether a person thinks it should or shouldn't be illegal, doing illegal shit and posting it online is going to get you in trouble. Doesn't matter if it's modding cars/trucks, building solvent traps, or killing shit out of season.

More and more shops have been caught and fined which has resulted in a lot of dealerships not touching a deleted truck. A lot of good tuners are done with it so it's hard to find a good tuner. Had a coworker with his new truck in and out of shops for almost 2 months due shit tunes. As much as I hate aftertreatment systems, I wouldn't delete one at this point.

Most deleted trucks aren't very noticeable by most people when driven by someone with half a brain. People do it everyday with no issues. They do have a very distinct sound which is obvious to anyone that's been around them. They will smoke some under hard acceleration until the turbo spools up but it's minimal.

No, not anymore than I think school shootings are the reason for gun control legislation, or that Covid is the reason for masks.

Tyrants are going to tyrant, and the feeble minded and poor in faith will yield to nearly any argument that offers plausibility.

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu
Running away and dieseling are two different things.
I've run my backhoe out of fuel before, causing it to run away. It can't be turned off either. You can turn the key off and it keeps running. It scared the hell out of me, sitting there helpless and watching your machine as it starts to grenade itself.

The only way I killed it was by pulling the dust collector bowl off the intake and covered it with a gloved hand, starving it for air.

We drive our cars around on the road right beside big rigs that have millions of miles on them. Our cars are “hard working” if they pull 2-3x their weight for 10% of their lives. Meanwhile those semis are loaded at 80k for 95% of their lives, constantly idle, and go 3/4 million before anyone even thinks about an overhaul. We drive right past tractors that run like a top after 50-70 years of use.

But, yeah, emissions.

Reactions: Maggot
Well technically the glow plug gets it hot first, then the compression ignition starts.

Glow plugs warm up the air for a cold start. They only run for a max of 2 minutes.
As soon as there's heat in the chamber diesels run on the compression of air and fuel until it's hot enough to combust.

And Cummins doesn't even use glow plugs, they use a grid heater in the intake. I'm sure there's plenty more examples. I've even run old equipment that had ether injection to get them started.

Gasoline engines tend to break pistons when they compression ignite (engine knock/ping under load). They need the spark to control the timing of the combustion event.
Diesels simply use the fuel to create the combustion event, so you time them with fuel.

Reactions: FredBart
LOL.....you should see how a 2017 Ram roll's coal when the air intake colapses and cuts off air flow. It looked like a late 1800's steam locomotive. It was bad before I could get stopped and figure out the issue.
That smoke could be normal for an older diesel and higher altitude. I run a lot of pre def older motors. My bigger truck has a CAT 3406B. It churns black all the time while going through gears and getting up to speed. I just bought a 1977 Ford L9000 with a Cummins Small Cam 855. It makes smoke. My farm tractor has a Big Cam 855. It smokes to much, but it is very dependable and affordable.

Not all tunes are for rolling coal idiots. A lot of people are seeking reliability and fuel economy. Nothing more stupid than trying to feed cattle everyday in the winter and the stupid DEF system craps out. Nearest dealer is two hours away, two weeks out on appointment and parts are on back order. I know, stupid me......I should buy an electric feed pickup
3406B for the win

We drive our cars around on the road right beside big rigs that have millions of miles on them. Our cars are “hard working” if they pull 2-3x their weight for 10% of their lives. Meanwhile those semis are loaded at 80k for 95% of their lives, constantly idle, and go 3/4 million before anyone even thinks about an overhaul. We drive right past tractors that run like a top after 50-70 years of use.

But, yeah, emissions.

Newer engines in semis are struggling to make it half million miles before major repairs or overhauls. There's a reason for a free extended warranty.
Screenshot_20230918_221158_Messenger.jpg

My old 02' 7.3 absolutely hated the spandex mafia. If it saw a pack of entitled road hogs, the edge tuner automatically maxed out the low boost fuel adjustment. 2nd to 4th in the ol' 6 spd and it was Choo Choo willy time. It really was a thing of beauty.

🍿 🍿 🍿

• Haha
My old 02' 7.3 absolutely hated the spandex mafia. If it saw a pack of entitled road hogs, the edge tuner automatically maxed out the low boost fuel adjustment. 2nd to 4th in the ol' 6 spd and it was Choo Choo willy time. It really was a thing of beauty.

🍿 🍿 🍿

My buddy would drive around at 20mph in 6th, I never knew a stock 7.3 could smoke so much.

• Haha
Reactions: jmp1 and Maggot
Newer engines in semis are struggling to make it half million miles before major repairs or overhauls. There's a reason for a free extended warranty.View attachment 8230680
Yeah, because of all the motor killing emissions that they fine the snot out of people for deleting. Plant a fresh c15nz Cat in one of those trucks and run it side by side with the new stuff, then ask yourself if this is about people blowing black smoke out of their exhaust. This isn’t about coal this about control.

Reactions: TicTacTex
Yeah, because of all the motor killing emissions that they fine the snot out of people for deleting. Plant a fresh c15nz Cat in one of those trucks and run it side by side with the new stuff, then ask yourself if this is about people blowing black smoke out of their exhaust. This isn’t about coal this about control.

Cam failures and liners dropping have nothing to do with emmisions. We have 8 or 9 c15s in our fleet and none of them made it a million miles. One was overhauled between 100-200k miles. Most have been overhauled between 650-800k miles.

• Haha
Reactions: BCP and jakelly
Deleted isx15's, x15's and mx13's have plenty of problems as well even when deleted early on. Higher cylinder temps and pressure from deleting the egr systems is a problem. Just like deleting IVA's on c15 acerts with the 18:1 pistons.

Partly to do with low/no sulphur in the current diesel, isnt it?

My buddy would drive around at 20mph in 6th, I never knew a stock 7.3 could smoke so much.
It's seriously impressive. Eye burning!
The best part of the whole incident I'm referencing was that they were blocking a whole turn lane at a stop light. When I roasted them their fancy clip in pedals got real hard to unclip😈

🍿 🍿 🍿

You would love Arizona, it's full of old POS diesels rolling coal. The further up north in the state you get the more of them you see. Bonus points if you never wash the mud off it.

Reactions: Maggot and Dirty D
You would love Arizona, it's full of old POS diesels rolling coal. The further up north in the state you get the more of them you see. Bonus points if you never wash the mud off it.
As a regular everyday rig....it's annoying af.
It's just those certain times it has its place....lol

As a regular everyday rig....it's annoying af.
It's just those certain times it has its place....lol
This for sure.

I have a company truck now, but I used to daily my 500 HP 12 valve with a 5 speed, and while I tuned it to run as clean as possible, and drove it like a grandpa, (until some punk wanted to test the waters) a little smoke was inevitable.
Usually just treated it like there was an egg under the throttle pedal until I was on top of the turbo.

Reactions: jmp1 and tucaz