• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Coastal Guns Inc suppressors, are they good?

Opiy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Watching the videos on their site they seem to be quiet. Does anyone have some they can give their opinions on? Pictures or videos.

You can't beat the price on them.

I am wanting to get a can for either 9MM or 40S&W, 5.56 AR can, and one for a 7.62 AR.

I was going to get the Trident 9 and the YHM 7.62 Phantom QD but still looking at my options.

Re: Coastal Guns Inc suppressors, are they good?

My first can years ago (6+) was a Coastal .223/5.56 and I had it rebuilt as well as purchasinga YHM can. The YHM was heavy but efficient. The Coastal was almost as heavy but had basically "washers" as baffles. In-efficient and high back pressure were it's strongest qualities.

I'd strongly suggest you upgrade now instead of later when you buy another can, that of course only applies to the old .223 cans unless they haven't changed the baffle stack.

Do your research and buy the can above the best can you can afford.

Many years ago I had a friend buy a Coastal 5.56mm can and proceeded to collapsible the ALUMINUM spacers with a mag dump from an AR-15. I hope their quality and choice of materials and construction has changed since then. We were NOT impressed. He asked how much an AAC Ranger was at the time and he about cried over the money he wasted on the Coastal.

Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

Try Elite Iron at www.eliteiron.net I have several builds with them now. His suppressors are quiet, STRONG and very competitively priced. He posts his db reduction and weather conditions in his ads. The results are accurate. Dale and Kathy are good peopple to deal with.
Steve

I have talked to several people inthe area that use their suppersors, however, I have not seen one in use. The people I have talked with seemed happy with their performance. I have been to there shop for a barrel thread they did for me. The job was good but I did not like the crown on the protector...that don't matter much since its wears a suppressor all the time.

I did handle some of their cans and the workmanship looked as good as any other, but I can't vouch for the insides of them.

Their CS with me was good, stayed open after hours so I could pick up my rifle. However, a buddy of mine ordered a .30 cal suppressor several weeks back and has since called them multiple times to clear up a question and has yet to hear back from them.

I have one of Clyde's Suppressors and I'm pleased, I use it for various calibers just no magnums

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Am180man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try Elite Iron at www.eliteiron.net I have several builds with them now. His suppressors are quiet, STRONG and very competitively priced. He posts his db reduction and weather conditions in his ads. The results are accurate. Dale and Kathy are good peopple to deal with.
Steve
</div></div>

+1

Dale makes a great product. I have 4 of his cans and plan on ordering another from him.